Can it hit the speed limit?

Big Blue

Reaction score
So my family and I are at a local Exxon topping off Big Blue with about $81 of mid grade yesterday. I'm standing there watching the gas pump rack up the gallons and having chest pains watching my checking account drain into my car when from my left I hear, "that is a beautiful car." I look over and thank the 30-something gentleman who said it. He asks and I anwer the general questions including "what year?" , "what is under the hood?", and the C-body exclusive "What does it weigh?". LOL. I dutifully answered, 5,000lbs. We chuckle and he then asks me, "Can it hit the speed limit?" I jerk my eyes away from the black hole I call a gas tank to look at him and he is stone faced. I am quite certain I assumed the "WTF? Are you kidding me?" look. Still stone faced. So I repeat that is has a 440, but this time adding big block v-8 and the fact it has no problem cruising at or well above the speed limit. After exchanging a few more pleasantries I watch him walk over to a subaru licensed in Massachusetts.

So can your formal hit the speed limit? lol

Last edited:
Poor clueless 30 something grasshoppa. Unless his car is a WRX or hopped up in some way your landyacht would easily hunt down and spit out a Subaru ricer on the highway.

Should have responded....
" Hell yes...while dragging your Subi with all 4 brakes locked without even opening the 4 bbl!" :icon_jokercolor:

we use ground up subaru's as food for our C bodies down here, because when they are hungry they will eat anything.

some riders are fearless, some pretend to be, others (like me) would rather cruise and enjoy my ride. Harleys are more of a cruiser. they get to 100 faster than most cars, but hanging on at that speed can be a chore and grasshoppers really sting at that speed.

After exchanging a few more pleasantries I watch him walk over to a subaru licensed in Massachusetts.

So can your formal hit the speed limit? lol[/QUOTE]

You should of told him to get in the trunk of your NYB and we'll find out how fast she will go!!!

:happy7:

Back