Car getting hot while driving...

Yep! Chrysler didn't want them to compete against the k car. They were not bad cars if they were maintained. Alot of misinformation about them. My first one had over 200k on it but rotted away when I was a kid. 40 mpg. This one just turned 53k. All original. Excuse my messy garage. One real bad thing is the 3speed auto, very clunky. Hunting down a 5 speed and will convert it. Slowly gathering parts

Nice a vert too... I will watch when I make my next do it yourself junkyard run... doubt I will see any though, more likely to find a yugo today than a renault.

Awesome thanks. There one guy on ebay that parting one out but it's and auto as well. Have a a whole closet of nos renault parts just in case I need them, literally vales cams gasket sets. The alliance community here is small and we will trade parts if needed. I think I have the last tan on tan convertible left in existence. Probably not many left. Just had a guy offer my 5k cash for it but I couldn't let it go. I just enjoy it too much. If and when the motor goes I may put a nice little srt4 caliber motor in it. I get teased about my 2 convertibles. I have 2 convertibles that are worth the least amount of money and even less desirable to collect. But people always love the 300 and renault when I go to local cruise nights. My buddy drives the 300 and I'll take the renault.

Back