Carlisle Tent Activities 2023

HawkRod

Reaction score
I am very active on FBBO, but don't post on FCBO much because I do not have a C body (although I think they are cool - I'd love to have one for a cross country trip!)

With apologies I am WAY behind this year with Carlisle plans. I had to build an engine and then participate in the Hot Rod Power Tour so my time has been taken up doing that. Even got the 'ol girl on the dyno!
20230616_124330.jpg

Same as last year, I will be hosting some tent activities. Thanks to your registrations last year, we were the fourth largest club at Carlisle! Let's hope we can build on that and continue to make the tent even better!

A few notes regarding the tent:
  • Same as last year, we will offer all FxBO sites to register their cars as FBBO. Like last year, all members from FABO, FBBO, FEBO and FCBO are welcome to attend. Officially from a Carlisle perspective it will be FBBO, but at the tent it will be all of them combined into one big happy Mopar family!
  • SEEKING VOLUNTEERS:
    Last year, I put together a complimentary lunch on Saturday. This year, I am looking for volunteers to:
    (a) Help with putting together picnic lunches for Friday and Saturday
    (b) Help give a seminar or tutorial on a car related subject of your choosing
  • Like last year, I will also be trying to get some handouts and/or prizes to those who volunteer and/or for those who register. I don't know if this will be possible given the short timing, so don't get your hopes up. But I will try.
  • I would like to make the tent a free or very cheap watering station for members. Perhaps we can put our heads together to help do this.
I'd appreciate help so we can all do a little and enjoy a lot. If you are interested in helping in any way, please respond to this thread or send me a PM.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all at Carlisle!

Hawk

P.S. So once again, PLEASE register your car as FBBO. With enough people registering, the tent is free. As more register, the tent gets larger. So let's see if we can get a big tent!!!

I put FBBO when I registered, just incase you were doing it again this year. Thanks for the Hotdog.

I put FBBO when I registered, just incase you were doing it again this year. Thanks for the Hotdog.
Thanks. Yes, we will be offering food again for our Saturday lunch, and we will have some items to raffle as well.

The tent is is a much better location this year, so it will be easier for you C body folks as well as the E body folks to stop by. Hope to see you!

See partial map below. The tent is in spot M:
Carlisle_Map.jpg

Thanks. Yes, we will be offering food again for our Saturday lunch, and we will have some items to raffle as well.

The tent is is a much better location this year, so it will be easier for you C body folks as well as the E body folks to stop by. Hope to see you!

See partial map below. The tent is in spot M:
View attachment 602951
Can somebody post a full copy of the event map, you would think it could be fount on their site but no.

Alan

I will try and make it over to the tent if I can, hope to see you (and everyone else) next week :thumbsup:

2023 Chrysler Nationals FxBO Tent Activities

First, the FBBO tent is located at spots ID 75-77 - see map picture below.

Friday: Noon to 1PM
Bring your own lunch and hang out with other FxBO members. There will be water and beer available to drink - free as long as supplies last.

Saturday: Noon to 1PM
Picnic lunch to all FxBO members, plus water, soda, beer, meatball sandwiches, hot dogs, BBQ plus other stuff. All free as long as supplies last.
At 12:45, I will raffle off some prizes to persons in attendance. These include Gold Memberships (or renewal of your gold membership next time), plus other prizes that have been supplied by various people. (Richard @69bfan continues to be a great supporter of our sites, he has provided lots of support for the tent every year and has lots of quality parts for our cars. Please stop by and see him at rows H and I, just below building T.)

Available Friday and Saturday at the Tent
There will be a cooler there with water, beer and perhaps other beverages. If you are hot and need a drink or shade, stop by and grab one. Again, free as long as supplies last. Chat with other FxBO members who may be there and make another car friend!

Available as needed
If you are new to Carlisle, need some help, or have questions, stop by and see me at spots E45 & E46. I'll be running around a lot, but my phone number will be posted there if I'm not there. I'm happy to help if I can.

Hope to see you at Carlisle!

Hawk

Carlisle_Map.jpg

Back