Changed the wheels & tires to Magnum 500’s & 235/70R15 Hancock’s on the 1968 Sport Fury I am selling.

FURYGT

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
What a difference!

For Sale - 1968 Plymouth Sport Fury Hardtop, 520" Stroker. $25,000

IMG_2155.jpeg

IMG_2154.jpeg

IMG_2153.jpeg

IMG_2152.jpeg

What a difference is right Bill...... WOW!! As mrfury68 said you can't go wrong with magnums. I think they will definitely help sell the car more. Best of luck, and see you in a couple weeks in Carlisle :thumbsup:

I'm torn - I kinda like it with and without.

Interestingly, with your photos I didn't "miss" the wheel opening mldg with the skirts off, which means perhaps one could make the switch whenever the mood struck. Are there visible pins or locating tabs on the car?

I'm torn - I kinda like it with and without.

Interestingly, with your photos I didn't "miss" the wheel opening mldg with the skirts off, which means perhaps one could make the switch whenever the mood struck. Are there visible pins or locating tabs on the car?

There are visible pins and holes on the wheel opening lip. It could be set up that way if holes were drilled in the wheel opening molding but I think it would look funny with the skirts on it and the non-skirt wheel opening moldings also on the car.

Right - so that scuttles the idea I had that the skirts could be left off at will, since the pins and tabs show in place without the skirts.

And yes, putting the mldgs on AND the skirts wouldn't look right.

Perhaps some suitable rubber welting could be used under the lip trim to keep it from leaving a mark.
Then someone could remove the non-skirt trim, and put the skirts on.
Or maybe I'm over-braining this.

@FURYGT
What color of SF stripe would they have used with that paint?
IIRC it is a 68-only, early-year paint?

Perhaps some suitable rubber welting could be used under the lip trim to keep it from leaving a mark.
Then someone could remove the non-skirt trim, and put the skirts on.
Or maybe I'm over-braining this.

@FURYGT
What color of SF stripe would they have used with that paint?
IIRC it is a 68-only, early-year paint?

I don't think that there is a good way to be able to have rear wheel opening moldings and the option to switch back and forth to skirts.

One year only paint, code HH1.

The car was a factory stripe delete car. I have the window sticker. The build date is 8/11/1967 and it has some oddities being an early build such as stripe delete, no hood ornament, a single layer decklid over a skeleton frame instead of a double layer decklid and the trunk area behind the finish panel was painted silver at the factory. I bought the car from the original owner with original paint. If you are going to Carlisle, stop by swap meet space G126 along side building T.

Yes, but what color would the stripe have been if it wasn't deleted? A mandated color, or buyer's choice?

Buyer could choose black, white or red. There were recommendations on color combinations but that didn’t mean you couldn’t have a green Sport Fury with a red stripe, which someone on FCBO has. If my car wasn’t a stripe delete car, I think that a black stripe would be the way to go.

Back