Cornering Lights - What is on my '69 Chrysler Town and Country?

Sport Fury 67

Reaction score
I require the wisdom of the experts on Chrysler built in 69/70. Recently acquired a 1969 Chrysler T&C wagon. The more I look, I realized these cornering lights do not appear factory issued. I understand that Ma Mopar had some changes due the law requiring a side running light in 1969. From the literature I read, it appears all T & C's should have come with cornering lights after January 1, 1970.

Can anyone identify what is on my car now? I think the are circa 1973?

Also, can anyone help by letting me know if any 1969 "Chrysler" cornering lights i.e "Newport / New Yorker / T&C" would fit into this opening ? Will any of these models interchange for my T&C? Did any later model Chrysler's in 1970 use the same cornering lights?

IMG_3521.jpg
IMG_3523.jpg

They are in the correct location,,,
However they look like they were added ON the fender
where if factory would look more recessed....
1680225961182.jpeg

cornering lights were an option in 69 and 70.
thats the right placement for 69, in 70 they were higher up.
they dont look like chrysler to me but they look fine, i dont see why you'd bother changing them.
look on the lense and see if you can find a maker's name / id

the only people who will notice are the ones you tell !

69_Chrysler_Models_features0035.jpg

70_Chrysler_Features0013.jpg

It looks the same as 72/73 Dodge Monaco, they might have been replaced at some point.

cornering lights were an option in 69 and 70.
thats the right placement for 69, in 70 they were higher up.
they dont look like chrysler to me but they look fine, i dont see why you'd bother changing them.
look on the lense and see if you can find a maker's name / id

the only people who will notice are the ones you tell !

View attachment 589469

View attachment 589470
A little more chrome and "bling" for a Chrysler is never a bad thing. The wagon does not have the rear side red colored reflectors, for comparison, so your right. @Polorus also provide me with info if and when I am questioned about them.

Thank you all for your comments. I am going to fabricate new gaskets so they fits against the fender better and upgrade it to an LED lamp that will throw a nice beam of cornering light.

Back