Correct Lug Nuts

furyfever

Reaction score

Are these the correct lug nuts for 60’s mopars? I have all original wheel studs on my cars. Want to put 14” Rally wheels on my 68 Fury and/or 62 Belvedere. I know I need 10 LH and 10 RH just don’t know if 1/2-20 is correct lug thread. As usual, the fitment chart says it won’t fit, the seller acknowledges the chart doesn’t work and he doesn’t know. Just by having 10 LH and 10 RH makes me think these are the ones. Can anyone verify? Thank you, Bob

Last edited:
1/2-20 is the correct thread, but those lug nuts are for a mag wheel and won't work with a Rally wheel.

The base of the lug nut needs to be tapered like these. I don't see this vendor listing LH lugs like this, but I bought 7/16 LH lug nuts for an A body from them a couple years ago. If you can't find them anywhere else, it might be worth contacting them.

1704547619247.png

The place I go for really correct lug nuts for rally wheels is PG Classic - and they claim they are the ones that had them remanufactured to match the ones Ma Mopar made that even have the correct dimples on top. I bought several sets of these a number of years ago for my Cuda with rally wheels and my other C body vehicles with Road Wheels. When you see flat washers with the other so called "correct" lug nuts you immediately know they are wrong like John said.

244-LHSET Mopar L/H Thread Lug Nuts (Set of 10)

244-RHSET Mopar R/H Thread Lug Nuts (Set of 10)

Enlarge the views to see the correct dimples on top just like the originals for the purists..................

They are all in stock for both the right and left hand thread wheels on your car and the prices are reasonable and note that the prices are higher for the left hand threads.

Last edited:
they claim they are the ones that had them remanufactured to match the ones Ma Mopar made that even have the correct dimples on top
You know what's really funny about those "dimples" is they are from the parting tool used to cut off the finished lug nut when made in a screw machine or lathe. The part breaks off as the parting tool makes the diameter small enough that it breaks off. The correct term is "tit"... Seriously.

1704567838922.png

You know what's really funny about those "dimples" is they are from the parting tool used to cut off the finished lug nut when made in a screw machine or lathe. The part breaks off as the parting tool makes the diameter small enough that it breaks off. The correct term is "tit"... Seriously.

View attachment 637034

Actually PG Classic also told me that "the dimple (or "tit") was a part of the manufacturing process" back then as well when I bought mine a number of years ago now. They wanted them to be exactly like the originals when they had them reproduced. I have not seen any others on the market with that detail on them.

As a side note, I sold one of my 71 Charger R/T's last year that was a restoration project to one of my good friends in Finland since I didn't think I would ever get to it and he wanted me to order all the parts he needed to do a show level restoration and he bought most of his reproduction parts from PG Classic and there wasn't a single problem with anything they provided and they used the best reproductions, so at least for B bodies they had all excellent products. He was also very pleased. His restorations always end up in the Finnish automobile publications as a centerfold show level one. He also bought this 340 original Duster from me many years ago that also that needed a complete restoration and it ended up as a centerfold in one of their publications. He also got many of his parts from PG Classic for that one as well. For the Duster, my body/paint guy prepped the body and located the rear spoiler and hood scoops and my friend had the paint/decal work alone done in Finland.

He also bought a few C bodies from me for himself and one for his dad.

1704570888784.jpeg

1704571013942.jpeg

1704571080463.jpeg

Last edited:
The place I go for really correct lug nuts for rally wheels is PG Classic - and they claim they are the ones that had them remanufactured to match the ones Ma Mopar made that even have the correct dimples on top. I bought several sets of these a number of years ago for my Cuda with rally wheels and my other C body vehicles with Road Wheels. When you see flat washers with the other so called "correct" lug nuts you immediately know they are wrong like John said.

244-LHSET Mopar L/H Thread Lug Nuts (Set of 10)

244-RHSET Mopar R/H Thread Lug Nuts (Set of 10)

Enlarge the views to see the correct dimples on top just like the originals for the purists..................

They are all in stock for both the right and left hand thread wheels on your car and the prices are reasonable and note that the prices are higher for the left hand threads.
Thank you for this detailed information and the gorgeous pics!

I recently bought a complete set for Regina, my 1970 Polara ´vert. I look forward to the pics from @71Polara383 once they’re on the car!

Good Morning
I recently purchased the exact same lug nuts for the '65 Chrysler. I purchased mine direct from the 'Lug Nut Guys' Easy Shopping for Lug Nuts, Wheel Locks, Tires, Wheels | Lug Nut Guys
Great people to deal with. I e-mailed them on a Saturday afternoon and got responses the same day. The lug nuts nuts I received were first rate; I would highly recommend them.
Omni
View attachment 637193View attachment 637194
The one thing you need to remember or at least check is if the stock lug wrench fits those lug nuts. I got some from the same guys and they were larger.

I carry a 4-way lug wrench anyway.... Easier to use and as it often happens, it gets lent out to the guy with the wrong wrench.

Big John
Lug wrench fits. I did by a socket that they sell just in case.....

Back