Crank to electric window conversion

Alexwesolowski487

Reaction score
Has anyone delved into the project of converting from manual to power windows? Toying with the idea of just doing the rears on my 66 newport 4 dr hard top for ease of being able to drop all 4 windows without getting out (its the little things in life). I know they make the generic one size fits all motors that go over the window crank splines but I do have concerns about the motor and assembly fitting under the door cards. Any experience, insight or suggestions are appreciated, not the end of the world to leave it as is

I've been looking into this for a b-body for serval years. The window regulators are different, so you'll need all 4 regulators. The motors are cheap and easily available (eg Autozone). Many people suggest running a relay for each window instead of allowing 12V to go through the switches. The "gang switch" (driver's 4-buton) is now reproduced. The single switches are common. It shouldn't be too hard on your car. NuRelics is the place that makes fully aftermarket power windows

Good morning,

converting to electric windows without finding a parts car that has all the parts (impossible in GER) is what I am dreaming of also. What are these one fits all motors that go over the crank window spline?

NuRelics doesn´t list any C-Bodys....

Fabian

Good morning,

converting to electric windows without finding a parts car that has all the parts (impossible in GER) is what I am dreaming of also. What are these one fits all motors that go over the crank window spline?

NuRelics doesn´t list any C-Bodys....

Fabian
I actually lucked out and shortly after posting this was reached out to by a fella who was parting out a new yorker with power windows. However the one size fits all type conversion I was referring to leaves your regulator as a manual crank and slips over the splined shaft your crank would sit on. The splines are then driven by an external motor via a set of flexible cables covered by a plastic shroud, here is a pic from summit

Screenshot_20240214_072654_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for providing the link. Do these kits work ok ? Anybody got any experience?

I did my '68 Monaco 4dr , purchased all four regulators and wiring harness/switches. I got my idea when i looked back of the front door panel there is a perforation for switch same place where the crank handle so i tought easy-peasy. Later realized the rear ones are couple inches forward,so started pulling my hair what to do now. Decided to use same crank hole for the switch but had to cut out a bit from door frame because the switch need more space. And use less space as possible i made my own terminal connectors of general bullet connectors. Not the best probably but so far so good.

IMG_20220530_115002702.jpg

IMG_20220530_115015002.jpg

IMG_20220530_115024240.jpg

IMG_20220530_115036845.jpg

IMG_20220530_122111496_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220530_125701516_HDR.jpg

Good job Spitfire! You may have a video where you show the working power Windows ? Are they slower or faster or almost no difference to original ones ? Really will convert mine too just want to collect some more positive recommendations from „real“ persons .

Good job Spitfire! You may have a video where you show the working power Windows ? Are they slower or faster or almost no difference to original ones ? Really will convert mine too just want to collect some more positive recommendations from „real“ persons .
No i haven't made video some reason,i will but in june only because my car in different country.
They are fast enough i've got two original motor they a bit slower than two new Dorman motor.
I've ask all mopar junkyards about regulators and switches and picked the cheapest ones.

Back