Customer Waiting

Omni

Reaction score
Good Afternoon All
I was in the 'man cave' this afternoon removing the original carpet from the party barge ('65 Newport 4 door sedan).
When I removed the rear carpet I found another broadcast sheet (very hard to read) and I found this:
img_0913-jpg.jpg

I thought it was a unique piece that I had never seen before.
Anyone else find something like this?

Omni

+ QuoteReplyBookmark

I don’t know where that one is from. But they had things like that at a dealership to mark the cars needed to be addressed right away.

I worked there and when a customer was waiting they wanted the get them on their way quickly.

I don’t know where that one is from. But they had things like that at a dealership to mark the cars needed to be addressed right away.

I worked there and when a customer was waiting they wanted the get them on their way quickly.
Funny... I always took that as a challenge to see how I could throw a wrench in their plan and find something that required at least an overnight stay :rolleyes::D:icon_fU:

Of course I worked with some of the worst advisors ever to cross a service drive :lol:

I'd guess that the "Customer waiting" sign, with pressure sensitive adhesive/protective tape is a lot newer than the 60s.

If an adhesive were on a paper from that period it would be moisture activated like a stamp.

Good Morning
As stated, I found this under the carpet. So my thought process was that this was done at the assembly plant. The '65 is nothing special, 4 door sedan, 383-2V, automatic, power steering/brakes, AM radio. So i doubt that it was applied to this vehicle.
Just another piece of scrap that was tossed in and covered up, never to see the light of day.
Omni

Look closely at the edges. It says "Chicago 12, Ill" which is a pre-1965 indicator of the origin timeline. ZIP Codes and two-letter postal state abbreviations were introduced in late 1965. Before that, you had postal zones, and anywhere from one-letter abbreviations {"O" for Ohio} to four and five letter abbreviations (Colo. and Calif., for example). So, based on the above, it's definitely from the early-to-mid '60s.

Pressure-sensitive adhesives have been around for a LONG time.

Look closely at the edges. It says "Chicago 12, Ill" which is a pre-1965 indicator of the origin timeline. ZIP Codes and two-letter postal state abbreviations were introduced in late 1965. Before that, you had postal zones, and anywhere from one-letter abbreviations {"O" for Ohio} to four and five letter abbreviations (Colo. and Calif., for example). So, based on the above, it's definitely from the early-to-mid '60s.

Pressure-sensitive adhesives have been around for a LONG time.

Does it really say "Chicago 12"? I was looking closely at that but can't read it because it's too blurry. Even with saving the image and blowing it up. If it really does have the two digit postal code then that's solid evidence for its age.

Looks "12" to me. Besides, a ZIP and a two-letter state abbreviation don't appear. It's city-zone-state, not city-state-zip code.

Back