Dash Pad U-nut/bolts - 1965 SF

Mudeblue

Reaction score
Looked high and low for clips which attach the dash pad to the dash. Closest I can find is "u-nut" at the hardware store but no bolt attached or can be jury rigged. Does anyone know if and where they can be procured?

U-Nut-Bolt.jpg

Would this work, just put a stud in it?

McMaster-Carr
Simply answer, No.
Found a MOPAR supplier here in Surprise, Phoenix, who was able to provide the required clips; made them. Been getting parts from all over the last three years and recently discovered one in my backyard who could have probably supplied 90% of my needs. Wish I had discovered them 3 years ago. “ To soon old, to late smart!”

i made my own. i dont have a pic but you can take some sheet metal of same thickness drill a hole. take a 10 24 screw grind the head down flat solder it in place and bend the sheet metal over and there you have it. once its in place its not going anywhere and wont be seen. why is it mopar c body guys have to make their own ****? lol

i made my own. i dont have a pic but you can take some sheet metal of same thickness drill a hole. take a 10 24 screw grind the head down flat solder it in place and bend the sheet metal over and there you have it. once its in place its not going anywhere and wont be seen. why is it mopar c body guys have to make their own ****? lol
When I tell people in the know that I am restoring a 65 SF convertible they usually laugh and say “you picked one of the hardest!” Regarding the clips, I was elated I found them and only cost me a buck and a half per clip!

Simply answer, No.

Found a MOPAR supplier here in Surprise, Phoenix, who was able to provide the required clips; made them. Been getting parts from all over the last three years and recently discovered one in my backyard who could have probably supplied 90% of my needs. Wish I had discovered them 3 years ago. “ To soon old, to late smart!”
What is the name of the Mopar supplier?
Thanks

Back