Defeating 2000-era Chrysler anti-theft system

Very interesting and thanks! I'm so afraid of a $850 paper weight. I wish somebody rented these damn things.

Contrary to what might be thought outside the Detroit area, they are not common or easily accessible. Although we do crack into ECUs where I work, it's an entirely different way of doing it. I can get down to changing things like the most minute degree of engine timing, control of a turbo wastegate, even stuff that doesn't exist yet... but it's all PC based.

I spotted the ad below just shopping locally. Everybody wants one of these. Makes an excellent Christmas gift!

View attachment 209003
I'm not even sure that one even has the PEP module... no cover or cables shown... :realcrazy:

FWIW... my old Monitor 4000 would have been offered if it had a prayer... it doesn't. I've been working on a DRB III for years (work has a small stash of no longer used ones), but as you said... everybody wants one. It doesn't help that they are still useful when we have a module problem in the fleet...

Is it running yet?

Short update, no. So I concentrated on the "other" van I'm looking to unload and learned a lesson in Chinese air compressor engineering. Then last night, the same damn anti-theft issue grounded our daily-driver minivan.

I have smoke coming out of my ears right now.

I sympathise with you, Carmine. I decided I would jump in and research your dilemma, post an invaluable link to solve you problem, and be a hero to you forever.
So I started out with, "2002 chrysler minivan +"no start" .

Wow. :eek::wideyed::wtf:

You're flucked. :(

It's come down to begging on CL :(

IMG_20180830_183627.png

Stupid question time... w/2 vehicles down, you don't have something on your key ring that could be interfering with the transponder? Long shot... but I had to ask. I'd also consider where you store the keys when not in your pocket... but IDK what would be likely to screw with the key... maybe one of those charging pads for your phone?

Stupid question time... w/2 vehicles down, you don't have something on your key ring that could be interfering with the transponder? Long shot... but I had to ask. I'd also consider where you store the keys when not in your pocket... but IDK what would be likely to screw with the key... maybe one of those charging pads for your phone?

No, actually quite logical. But the first one did this perhaps two months ago (and I just didn't deal with it because it was a low priority). Those keys were kept in an out of the way drawer. It seemed connected to a low battery and a jump start.

In last night's case, the keys stay mostly in my wife's purse. The van had been parked only a few hours earlier and there were no battery issues. A second set of keys (also kept in an infrequently used drawer) are also no-go. As for cordless chargers... lol, I typed this on a blackberry, and my wife's phone is years old as well. Our friends refer to us as "half-***-Amish" when it comes to technology.

But certainly a logical thought that occurred to me as well.

Sorry to say... the only move I have left, is to disconnect the battery and see if the codes clear themselves out over the next few months... or take the DD to a dealer to find out the going rate for Graham's instructions. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

I started my 2000 caravan the other day to bring it around to replace the front due to deer kina same thing found it was me being lazy and not tightening negative cable end. The little ground was loose and caused my havoc.

Back