Disc brake dust shields/backing plates needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
as per the 1969 Chrysler parts book they are different, 4 different part number in 69, a-body, b-body, c-body and Imperial.
I checked 69-73 and this was true, although the numbers might have change from year to year them being different on the other bodies didn't.

Alan

Looks like 73 is out, not sure about 72 but 69-71 will work (based on part numbers).

Alan

Do you have the part number of the shields you need? I have 1 nos one here that I bought for my car but it is the wrong one. Let me know, John.

Here is the deal, somehow I ended up doing my originals in Black not a more natural finish as they should be.
They are power coated and nothing wrong with them otherwise.

Now I am willing to trade these as-is for good originals, not rusty or bent.
2014-06-17_001.jpg

As you can see they is absolutely nothing wrong with them other than the color.

Alan

I have the 2925186. I can send you a picture. P.m. me, John.

Here is the deal, somehow I ended up doing my originals in Black not a more natural finish as they should be.
They are power coated and nothing wrong with them otherwise.

Now I am willing to trade these as-is for good originals, not rusty or bent.
2014-06-17_001.jpg

As you can see they is absolutely nothing wrong with them other than the color.

Alan

You've given me an idea Alan .. I may get mine powder coated in gray or silver tone if they don't clean up

I just received a picture of a NOS part from John A that shows it being painted black.

This raises the question, what is the proper finish on these? I was under the impression that they were natural?

Alan

Or some primer and krylon

Better off going that route. Have you seen what happens to metal when the powder coating gets a chip, or crack in it and then water gets in.? You won't know you have a problem until the part is worthless rust.

This is just my beef on these "wonder" coatings.

Better off going that route. Have you seen what happens to metal when the powder coating gets a chip, or crack in it and then water gets in.? You won't know you have a problem until the part is worthless rust.

This is just my beef on these "wonder" coatings.

I say this goes back to prep, if the part is clean and blasted the is no reason for the powder coating to chip (no different than paint) and even with paint water will get behind it and rust if there is a chip. Paint is more likely to chip and you better hope your prep was good or it will rust behind it.

Alan

Last edited:
So can I get back my THANKS?

HAHA, This is only my opinion and I'm full of them.
I live in California where rust isn't an issue as it is elsewhere.
This car will see limited use and probably not be off-roading.

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back