Disc Brakes, booster and masters oh my...

mopar_4life

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm changing out the braking system in my 65. It has factory power drum brakes.

I know that I'll be going the scarebird setup for the front. Powerstop calipers(no cores and powder-coated red!!!!(who cares right) I want the powder coating) for 10 extra bucks its a no brainer, I'll use drilled and slotted rotors for the front (I run them on everything that I own and it will make the biggest difference). And some good lifetime warranty pads from the Zone
I was considering the rear but I think it is waste of time/money to go disc in the rear.

I know that I need a new master cylinder for disc setup (68 and newer?) and a prop valve (going adjustable). I have all new lines from inline tube with dual conversion already.

My brake booster looks pretty rough and I figured that replacing it would be best. Should I go with the single diaphragm like it is currently or try to find a dual diaphragm set up? Would it be a waste of money/time?

What else am I forgetting?

Thanks

Eric

No need for disc in the rear, The master sounds good, go with the dual diaphragm. I read a lot of swaps and most guy's use it over the single.

Hello,

I'm changing out the braking system in my 65. It has factory power drum brakes.

I know that I'll be going the scarebird setup for the front. Powerstop calipers(no cores and powder-coated red!!!!(who cares right) I want the powder coating) for 10 extra bucks its a no brainer, I'll use drilled and slotted rotors for the front (I run them on everything that I own and it will make the biggest difference). And some good lifetime warranty pads from the Zone
I was considering the rear but I think it is waste of time/money to go disc in the rear.

I know that I need a new master cylinder for disc setup (68 and newer?) and a prop valve (going adjustable). I have all new lines from inline tube with dual conversion already.

My brake booster looks pretty rough and I figured that replacing it would be best. Should I go with the single diaphragm like it is currently or try to find a dual diaphragm set up? Would it be a waste of money/time?

What else am I forgetting?

Thanks

Eric

From my experience I can tell you that dual diaphragm is way better than single.
I have front disc and rear drum. Went with aftermarket booster and late style aluminum MC. What a difference!
Brakes upgrade

Back