Do you have relatives in Mexico? Mexican Ramcharger

Carmine

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Hello. I'm going to put this in the "general" section since I'm not looking to buy (another) C-body (right now)... As some of you might know, I used to own a vehicle that looks like this:
SU1HLTIwMTQwNzExLTA0NDQ5LmpwZw_zps12353791.jpg
SU1HLTIwMTQwNzE0LTA0NDY2LmpwZw_zps761c4df9.jpg

It is a Mexico/South America-only 2000 Dodge Ramcharger. They were built from '99-01 and never sold here for a number of reasons; some of them being impact on CAFE numbers, showroom competition with Durango, no market for 2dr SUVs in USA, cost of Federal certification, etc. :soapbox:

Point is now you can register them, and I did. My wife and I enjoyed it quite a bit... Not only a great "newer" daily-driver, but fun watching people try and figure out what it was, ask questions, etc.

Here's where it gets sad. Almost a year ago, she drove it to work and parked in her usual spot to avoid a-holes swinging their doors. Instead of a door-ding, we got a mental case who aimed her Buick Enclave straight at the passenger side, driving over 250' of grass/sidewalk. I'll be kind and say she may have had mental issues. In a twist of fate, the day Google took a photo of the street, the truck was parked in the same fateful spot, all by itself as usual.

Ramcharger20Hit_zpsyvjb4h4f.jpg

Nice job crazy &}+©# killing the only one registered in the state.

IMG-20150406-01119_zpsg01pnhlr.jpg

IMG-20150406-01117_zpsixmdmmza.jpg

Luckily of course, this all happened while no one was in the truck. Now (her) insurance has paid off and the legal crap is done with. I still have the truck and title. Believe it or not, I managed to get it driveable! But El Nuevo Dodge Ramcharger isn't going to see the road again. :(

So I'm headed to Phoenix in Mid-April and looking to find a replacement. These do show up in the US every so often, but right now nothing. They aren't that hard to find in Mexico.
upload_2016-2-18_21-43-38.png

BTW $45,000 in pesos is something like $3500 US. THUS...

I am quite willing to throw more $$$$ on the price for someone to get me one up to Phoenix. Of course we'll have to exchange photos, etc. just like any other car purchase. But if we come to a deal, I'll make it worth your while. PM me or something. If you have friends who live go down to Mexico, send them this link.

Deja-vu.
Didn't the exact same thing with a Mexican Ramcharger happen to another member a year or two ago?

Damn Carmine that blows......

I recall seeing those in the magazines when they were built and being frustrated that they weren't available here... Cool trucks

She must of had to speed going when she smashed it....WOW!

There is a new member here, barry-mopar, who just bought the green polara vert in another thread. He says that the car is now in Tijuana, he might be you Mexico connection.

Don't feel bad, I forgot I even posted that here!

Just for the update, I kept arguing back/forth with the insurance company. I made friends with a car-guy lawyer and asked him if I could just include his email ([email protected]) on CC... That I didn't expect him to do anything. I think just seeing that I was CC'ing a lawyer made hem take it more seriously. I presented as many ads as I could find, plus an appraisal of the condition/valuation statement from a classic use car dealer. Occasionally I'd ask to go up the chain of command, cite some state law about timelyness, etc. One day they just wrote back and said, "will X$ satisfy you?" (basically my appraisal + a Walmart jumper box + towing bill). I said "yes" and received a check.

Carmine, have you bought a Ramcharger yet?

You can go here and look for them. The link already has the search embedded.

ramcharger en todo México | Segundamano.mx

I am in Mexico and I will do what I can to help.

Do you know how to get it across the border?

Try to get one from Jalisco. They tend to take care of the cars a bit better than the smaller places.

Miguel

Carmine, have you bought a Ramcharger yet?

You can go here and look for them. The link already has the search embedded.

ramcharger en todo México | Segundamano.mx

I am in Mexico and I will do what I can to help.

Do you know how to get it across the border?

Try to get one from Jalisco. They tend to take care of the cars a bit better than the smaller places.

Miguel

Thank you for the reply! I have kinda put buying one on the back-burner for a bit... In February/March I was really trying because I was headed out to AZ/CA for a week in April.

That said, I am still looking. I need someone with a visa/passport who can get it across the border, and I would of course pay for that effort.

This time around I am more "picky" and am looking for an SLT/SLT plus, so it would have dual AC, airbags, and hopefully the 5.9 V8. I have a search set up with Todoclasifcado.mx that sends an email whenever a new '99-'01 gets posted.

Are you a native Miguel? Your English is excellent so I can't tell!

Thank you for the reply! I have kinda put buying one on the back-burner for a bit... In February/March I was really trying because I was headed out to AZ/CA for a week in April.

That said, I am still looking. I need someone with a visa/passport who can get it across the border, and I would of course pay for that effort.

This time around I am more "picky" and am looking for an SLT/SLT plus, so it would have dual AC, airbags, and hopefully the 5.9 V8. I have a search set up with Todoclasifcado.mx that sends an email whenever a new '99-'01 gets posted.

Actually I am an American and I have been here about 20 years. This is the land of the free really.

I don't know that site and it doesn't work in my browser.

Back