Do you like many types/eras of vehicles?

this was a redo years ago , i did this to a 49 merc rag . for friends of mine that had to have it . then traded it undone for a 427 ac cobra . it show up on ebay , got sold out the back door .

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

What I do notice is not much love for the really early stuff. It should be said that even though I do things like drive a 60 y/o car to work or out of state, I wouldn't try that with a 1912 Maxwell. I look at those more as golf-carts. Still useful to an extent, like an antique fan or a small 1930s beer fridge.

well maxwell is chrysler . water p chrysler bought maxwell after rescuing willys-overland . this is a 24ish willys-overland touring tub . waiting for her hemi n time

DSC03617.JPG

DSC03618.JPG

DSC03619.JPG

DSC01696.JPG

While my bent is tilted towards Ford I do like most all cars of the eras listed. After the late 70's the amount narrows down considerably compared to the 50's and 60's. Once we hit 2000, while there are some I would like to drive, I am hamstrung by the fact that there is less ability to work/repair them. Bringing a car into a shop for a repair is anathema to me when I can do it almost as fast but in a much cleaner and know it works ending. Trucks and SUVs from the 90's on up do not interest me at all, however. No one seemed to mention it but foreign cars do show up on my list of fun driving cars.

What I do notice is not much love for the really early stuff. It should be said that even though I do things like drive a 60 y/o car to work or out of state, I wouldn't try that with a 1912 Maxwell. I look at those more as golf-carts. Still useful to an extent, like an antique fan or a small 1930s beer fridge.
As I said, I love the brass era and would even love a late 20's Model T. Modern traffic just is too dangerous for a slow car and I refuse to have a large paperweight in my garage. If I couldn't drive it to the store, I don't want it.

The early stuff is really neat, but I would agree that it's not that safe due to the speed. Although not that old, I had a 2 cylinder Fiat that was dangerously slow. I think it had around 22 hp, similar to a garden tractor. I could get it up to around 65 mph given enough distance. Painful. It just could not keep up with traffic. I'm pretty much a fan of anything mechanical & as far as cars, my favorites are the muscle car & then supercar years. Other times are really neat as well, I'd still like a 61 Cadillac or build a rat rod.

2016-Dodge-Challenger-SRT-Hellcat-Back.jpg
Hellcat Challeger would be my last pick..for modern cars. 707hp...the thing screams thrash me or go back to the retirement home.

The one glaring issue that would need to be addressed for your "golf cart" plan... nobody wants to crank the handle at the front...

... nobody wants to crank the handle at the front...
Agreed. I still have a scar under my chin from one of those kicking back and pulling me down onto the top of the rad when I was 15. To this day, I still don't like British cars.

wolseley.jpg

Last edited:
Back