Does anyone make a 1973 Polara wiring harness?

hergfest

Reaction score
The wiring on my 1973 Dodge Polara ex-Washington State Patrol car is a nightmare, and the car is currently not charging. I want to just start clean with a new harness, does anyone make one? Or do I need to find a nice used harness?

If you have your original harness you can send it to Bill & Rose Evans, they can make a new harness using the original as a guide. Most often a cop car harness is different from stock, call them at 814-864-2622, let them know what you have. Good Luck and keep us informed. What type of alternator are you using?

Last edited:
If your car is a genuine police-spec vehicle, it might well have a harness with a few extra wires/connectors to better accommodate add-on police-type additions. PLUS some things the locals added, which might be where your issues might be?

Presuming you have had the alternator tested for output? Or have had a charging system check done on the vehicle?

Seems like it was the 1972 model year when Chrysler changed their charging circuit with respect doing an "ammeter bypass" (factory-level) which resulted in the alternator gauge needle not responding to "charge" as it previously did?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

If you have your original harness you can send it to Bill & Rose Evans, they can make a new harness using the original as a guide. Most often a cop car harness is different from stock, call them at 814-864-2622, let them know what you have. Good Luck and keep us informed. What type of alternator are you using?
I can give Mr. and Mrs. Evans my highest recommendation. I purchased a complete wiring harness for my 64 Polara.

Back