Drums to Disc...Today's Pricing

Mr onetwo

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Good morning all,
I am gathering all the parts necessary to put manual disc brakes on my 1970 Fury III equipped with manual drums.I found a good set of complete 1970 Monaco spindles with ball joints,dust shields ect. from a junkyard in Maryland for $182 inc shipping and a pair of really clean original mopar calipers for $53 shipped. I have purchased most of the other goodies except for the distribution block/proportioning valve.I am going to wait on this as the car is not here.I got everything from Rock Auto and Amazon.I used Amazon mostly because RA's shipping rates are weird.I saved nearly $50 by ordering certain items from Amazon.:wtf:The total so far to my door is around $571. The orders with part numbers are below

RA.jpg

Amazon.jpg

Rockauto's great unless your parts are shipped out of 2 or 3 different warehouses and then the shipping price triples...for some cheaper stuff its easier to buy from your FLAPS cause the increase in price is less than the shipping....i usually look it up on RA , then search the part # on amazon (wife has the prime free shipping deal)...since nobody seems to have reasonably priced rebuilt calipers available atm, here's what i got from RA...
Raybestos wk 520 rebuild kit...................3.08 each
Raybestos h 5219 large pin bushing.........2.73 pair for one caliper
Raybestos H 5204 small pin bushing.........5.57 bag of 10
Carlson 7505 steel piston.........................16.93 ea

Rockauto's great unless your parts are shipped out of 2 or 3 different warehouses and then the shipping price triples...for some cheaper stuff its easier to buy from your FLAPS cause the increase in price is less than the shipping....i usually look it up on RA , then search the part # on amazon (wife has the prime free shipping deal)...since nobody seems to have reasonably priced rebuilt calipers available atm, here's what i got from RA...
Raybestos wk 520 rebuild kit...................3.08 each
Raybestos h 5219 large pin bushing.........2.73 pair for one caliper
Raybestos H 5204 small pin bushing.........5.57 bag of 10
Carlson 7505 steel piston.........................16.93 ea
Awesome! I need to rebuild a caliper on my 1970 Fury. Please let us know if the Raybestos. kit is high quality.

well boys if you have the space , i've bought two c body disc brake donner cars for less than a grand , and pulled a bunch of great parts as well . 72 fury 3 400 727 pb ps disc's , 70 nyr 440 727 ps pb disc's pw 8 3/4 re . just got to shop the market place a bit .

69700010.jpg

69700012.jpg

DSC00478.JPG

DSC00445.JPG

Good morning all,
I am gathering all the parts necessary to put manual disc brakes on my 1970 Fury III equipped with manual drums.I found a good set of complete 1970 Monaco spindles with ball joints,dust shields ect. from a junkyard in Maryland for $182 inc shipping and a pair of really clean original mopar calipers for $53 shipped. I have purchased most of the other goodies except for the distribution block/proportioning valve.I am going to wait on this as the car is not here.I got everything from Rock Auto and Amazon.I used Amazon mostly because RA's shipping rates are weird.I saved nearly $50 by ordering certain items from Amazon.:wtf:The total so far to my door is around $571. The orders with part numbers are below

View attachment 648452

View attachment 648454

And worth every penny when it's done.

i went for the Carlsons just because RA said they were steel while the Raybestos ones weren't specific and the last thing i wanted was to wind up with phenolic ones...
I guess ignorance is bliss but we did many disc conversions on our race cars (1/4 mile asphalt oval) and never changed boosters or prop valves...my 68 convert got a 71 master slapped on the existing midland booster for the disc conversion...been stopping fine for 20 yrs

Last edited:
Back