Dual 3.5" dash speaker bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

'74 Sport

Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm a regular over at Forabodiesonly.com and saw where this new C-body site was created. Fantastic! Now, practically every MOPAR product line is represented. I must admit my ignorance about C-bodies since all of my experience has been with the A-bodies that I have helped my son restore.

During our search for a quality sound system for his Dart Sport, we developed a simple aluminum bracket to mount dual 3-1/2" speakers in place of the original 4"x10" worn out single-cone dash speaker, providing a fuller stereo sound. It worked out great and he has been enjoying his tunes for about the past 5 years - all without hacking up his pristine dash, kick panels, or door panels.

I now have brackets to fit all A, B and E-bodies from '62 - '76, as shown in the attached photo. Since I know very little about the C-body line of cars, I was hoping to gain some information from some of you owners and try to determine if there would be any interest in a similar bracket for C-bodies.

Basically, what I need to know is what style of dash speakers were used in which car model and for what years. I then need someone to provide me with some basic overall measurements of the original speakers. If anyone is interested in helping with this, please contact me at moparmad57@gmail.com or send me a PM here.

If you also have an A, B, or E-body that you would like to install one of my brackets in, I have a form you can use to submit your order and I will be notified immediately. Then, I will contact you as soon as I can about payment and shipping.

Follow this link to place orders: ORDER FORM

As always, thanks to FCBO for making this possible.

Jerry

A,B, and E-body brackets.jpg

I know this is a site for C-bodies, but some of you have more than one MOPAR vehicle, including trucks. Therefore... I wanted to let you know that I recently worked up a new dual-speaker bracket for a member's '76 Ramcharger and can now offer them to the rest of you who have a Ramcharger, van, or truck that has the 4"x10" dash speaker. You can see in the attached photos how closely they fit the size and shape of the original speaker.

Send me a PM if you are interested,
Jerry

SL373315.JPG

SL373320.JPG

Basically, what I need to know is what style of dash speakers were used in which car model and for what years. I then need someone to provide me with some basic overall measurements of the original speakers. If anyone is interested in helping with this, please contact me at moparmad57@gmail.com or send me a PM here.

Bump... it's been a while.
Does anyone have information that might help with this?

Bump... it's been a while.
Does anyone have information that might help with this?

I know the 74-78 C bodies have dual speakers in the dash, at least my ny'ers do. Not sure of the size, probably not 4x10's but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back