Dual air.

Welcome, we need more wagons here. What do you have, post some photos.
Are you referring to retrofitting the factory optional rear unit?

DSCF5064.JPG

DSCF5065.JPG

DSCF5066.JPG

DSCF5070.JPG

Yes. Way back I had a 70 parts car that had the rear air, and I've seen some referenced here. I've posting pictures a few times. Always tells me the file is to big.

Yes. Way back I had a 70 parts car that had the rear air, and I've seen some referenced here. I've posting pictures a few times. Always tells me the file is to big.
I had the same problem.
If you have Photoshop, you can "save as" at quality level 1 or 2. It significantly reduces the number of bites in each picture.
However, you don't lose quality because the pictures you post in a thread are too small for quality to be affected.

Hope that makes sense, Ben

Did you keep all the parts from the rear AC system? There are a lot of specific parts that would be hard to fabricate - plastic pillar covers that hide the lines, special clips, pipes, drain hoses, AC lines with Amorcoil protection that run under the car, T unions for the suction and high pressure lines, and of course the overhead unit. The overhead unit is held in with special hinge brackets at each end.
Ask all your questions here - @TxDon and I can help

I love the dual AC in my 66 - it's like a meat locker in my car!!

No, no parts were saved. It was in the 90's. Way before I was smart enough to think wagons were cool. My current wagon is a 67 t&c .

Also no photo shop experience. I had posted one picture when I first picked up my wagon, but nothing since.

I too am contemplating this task on my 71 Town & Country. I have a full kit with lines mounts and trim pieces. Did you switch compressors to the sanden type or are you still using the old style?

Can either of you tell me about the dash switch to control the rear fan? Is it single or multiple speed? (hi/lo) and where is it mounted? thanks

Can either of you tell me about the dash switch to control the rear fan? Is it single or multiple speed? (hi/lo) and where is it mounted? thanks
On the downward sloping part of the dash above the brake pedal in this pic. (On my Monaco)

DSCF5038.JPG

Back