WANTED Dual diaphragm booster '68 Newport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metalmarty

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi all,

I'm looking for a dual diaphragm booster for my '68 Newport with Disc/Drum setup. I'm in the Netherlands so it's pretty hard going to junkyards and sending it to booster Dewey.

A core that needs to be rebuild is fine.

Does someone have a booster laying around?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I need the right one on the picture if I'm correct?
Left one is a single diaphragm?

mopar-boosters.jpg

Not sure how soon you need this but currently on my car is an older Cardone rebuilt unit. Despite many complaints about Cardone on this board, it does work as new. I could sell you it pending sending my original to Dewey which I've procrastinated in doing, it's sitting in my garage right now. I'd want the $ to cover my rebuild cost plus a few bucks. It might be expensive to ship across the pond.

Not sure what disc setup you're using but IMHO the factory setup is fairly over-boosted. A single diaphragm drum booster might work fine but the only way to find out is to give it a try.

Not sure how soon you need this but currently on my car is an older Cardone rebuilt unit. Despite many complaints about Cardone on this board, it does work as new. I could sell you it pending sending my original to Dewey which I've procrastinated in doing, it's sitting in my garage right now. I'd want the $ to cover my rebuild cost plus a few bucks. It might be expensive to ship across the pond.

Not sure what disc setup you're using but IMHO the factory setup is fairly over-boosted. A single diaphragm drum booster might work fine but the only way to find out is to give it a try.

Pm send :)

This is from a 75 Fury/Cordoba and is dual diaphragm. I use it it in my 69 Fury...but not sure it works for you.

1975 ? DODGE PLYMOUTH HD HEAVY DUTY BRAKE BOOSTER NOS MOPAR ? 820 | eBay

Here is the rebuilt version.

More Information for CARDONE 5473309 (rockauto.com)

Thanks for the tip. Will look into it.
Rockauto only has R&R service on those units unfortunately. But I will check the ebay version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back