For Sale eBay.. NOT MINE - 70 Imp Armbruster limo, very few pic's / sad lookin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chryslerdude

Reaction score
Contact seller
I haven't seen this before, but I bet some of you have! Sorry, if it's a "re-run"!

Car is located in Anaheim CA. (To bad they only allow 4 pictures on FeeBay.. :confused:)

Auction text in UPPER CASE:

I HAVE UP FOR AUCTION IS THIS ONE OF 12 MADE CHRYSLER IMPERIAL LIMOS BUILT BY STAGEWAY ARMBRUSTER FOR CHRYSLER CORPORATION. CHRYSLER HAD 12 OF THESE MADE TO SPREAD OUT IN A 3 YEAR PERIOD. THERE IS RUMORED ONLY 6 WERE SOLD IN 1969 WHICH RETAINED THE 1969 FRONT CLIP AND REAR BUMPER.

BOB HOPE HAD ONE TO TRANSPORT HIM FROM LA TO PALM SPRINGS

THE NEXT FIVE WERE SOLD IN 1970 WITH 70 FRONT CLIP AND REAR BUMPER INSTALLED,ROCKEFELLER OWNED ONE,BRIAN WILSON OF THE BEACH BOYS ALSO HAD ONE. WITH ONE REMAINING TO BE SOLD IN 1971 WITH THE NEW 1971 FRONT BUMPER AND REAR BUMPER INSTALLED ,THIS IS THAT CAR. WITH A STAGEWAY PRODUCTION LABEL ON THE DOOR OF OCTOBER 1970.

THIS CAR IS RUMORED TO HAVE BEEN OWNED BY MGM STUDIOS BACK IN THE DAY FOR A FEW MOVIES BUT HAVE NOT VERIFIED THAT YET WITH A TITLE SEARCH.

THIS CAR WAS THEN SOLD TO A LIMO COMPANY AND HISTORY FROM THERE IS UNKNOWN. I PURCHASED THE CAR OUT OF A WRECKING YARD THE DAY IT WENT IN WITH INTENTIONS OF RESTORING. HAVE HAD THE CAR FOR OVER 7 YEARS AND STILL THIS BEAUTIFUL RARE CAR STILL SITS WAITING TO SHINE AGAIN.

THE CAR IS PRETTY COMPLETE WITH THE FACTORY 440 350 HORSE POWERPLANT.
THE INSIDE HAS BEEN REDONE IN A GREY MATERIAL. OLDER RECOVER. SOMEONE ALONG THE LINE ADDED A SUN ROOF AS WELL. HAS NOT RAN IN YEARS SO VEHICLE WILL HAVE TO BE TOWED.
I HAVE A SECOND LIMO THAT IS SEQUENTIALLY NUMBER TO THIS ONE AS WELL THAT COULD BE SOLD FOR THE RIGHT OFFER !
MORE PICS TO COME.
THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS WITH THIS RARE BEAUTY,CRATE HELLCAT MOTOR RAT ROD,OR RESTORE TO ITS ORIGINAL BEAUTY !!!!!!
ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS CAN BE E-MAILED TO EBODY27@AOL.COM
OR CAN CALL MIKE AT 714-595-6930

VEHICLE SOLD WITH BILL OF SALE .

THANKS AND GOOD LUCK !

1971 Chrysler Imperial 4 DOOR LIMOUSINE | eBay
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

These are very cool cars that should be restored. But they'd take up so much room.

These things are like right hand drive cars, ambulances and taxis. Nobody wants them.

The British seem to like the right hand driving quite a bit, and so does the Thai.. Although they actually plan to switch over there.. a good decision if you ask me! I am always nervous when renting cars in Thailand, at least the first 15-20 min, if driving out of a big city. Bangkok is hell to drive in.

I love seeing the limo's, but wouldn't love to own one.. However, I'd love to own me an old Mopar ambulance, or hearse!

there was a black one used in an episode of Mannix.......69 or 70 front end. I think Paramount Studios produced Mannix.

Beverly Hillbillies showed one in a later episode. On another note on the Limo pictures Did it just Rain or is the garden hose put away ?

RHD cars, not a problem over here...:steering:

Only for the tourists.. :-D At least the ones who try "driving lefty" for the first time. I remember adapting pretty fast in regards to gears and positioning in the traffic, but MAN the turn indicator / windshield wiper-swap.. that is by FAR the hardest to get used to. Both when starting my holiday, AND again when back home, I have my windshield "wiped" at least 5-8 times during each "assimilation" ever since my first trip to a "left side country"... force of habit is strong here..!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back