F the NFL...

Your damm right 100%! As a 27 yr. AF retiree, I agree totally. I also have a serious problem with ****'s that don't remove their hats during the Nat'l Anthem at sporting events..

Free speech and the 1st A is one thing. Disrespect to flag and country is a whole different game and isn't free speech, it's disrespect to America and should NOT be tolerated! Technically it's a arrest able crime, but America has turned a blind eye to that!

See what I said above. Free speech is one thing, disrespect to flag and Country is different.
Roger Water's is one **** that comes to mind that should shut his F-ing pie hole and play guitar!

I'll respond with what the Supreme Court says about someone trying to impose their rules on another person

A second Supreme Court decision in 1990 struck down a new federal law that made it a criminal offense to burn American flags in protest. “If there is a bedrock principle underlying the First Amendment, it is that the Government may not prohibit the expression of an idea simply because society finds the idea itself offensive or disagreeable,” said Justice William Brennan at the time.

These rules and customs are similar to those followed for the Pledge of Allegiance. In 1943, the Supreme Court invalidated a West Virginia state law that required members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses group to salute the flag and recite the Pledge. “If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion, or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein,” said Justice Robert Jackson.

I am all for free speech that doesn't harm another and all for protest that doesn't harm another. Stay within those confines then I am Ok with it. I am not about to go down the roads of what other countries do. Once I was going to watch a movie, in Manila in the 90's, with a date at the time. Before the movie they played their National Anthem which I learned is customary. Everyone stood up while I stayed seated. First I didn't know what was going on and then I am not Filipino. My date said stand or someone was sure to notice and I would probably find police outside when the movie was over ready to arrest me American or not.

I actually have a bigger problem with those who use the flag to show their patriotism in a commercial way. I also have more of a problem with those who fly the flag yet fly it incorrectly. Since they obviously are trying to show their backing for the flag they should also then know the correct way to display the flag. The fellow across the street flies one 24 hours. When I told him the protocol about taking down at sunset or putting a light on it he installed a light.

I myself do fly a flag during appropriate holidays. A flag that was saved during a protest on the Berkeley campus in 1979. There was a demonstration and during the demonstration it was decided to trample the flag. That is when things got a little rough and there was a scuffle shall we say by members of my school and other Cal students. During that scuffle I grabbed the flag off the ground and left with it. The demonstration was by Iranian students (I assume) supporting the seizure of the American embassy. My issue here was that they were not American citizens but rather guests in the country. Anyway that is the flag I fly during holidays. Salute it or not I don't get bent out of shape.

I think that a sincere belief is fine. Just accept that someone else has every right to voice their disagreement as well.
As a side note, I find it pretty insincere for the group's that are defending the ones sitting, where were they to when Tim Tebow was expressing his beliefs in the NFL?

a friend of mine posted this opinion on FB.......hits the nail on the head with Kaepernick:

"If he was is passionate about this, why then ....once he was released ...did he announce he would not kneel again and would not cause any trouble for the next team to sign him ?

Doesn't sound passionate to me ....

If he is so passionate about this, why has he disappeared ? Why isn't he out there daily campaigning on this issue ?

Why not ? Bc he doesn't have the platform now. Bc now he would have to do it on his own time. And he only wanted to do it while on the clock.

He's not above anything. He initially played the game to his advantage. And now he's getting the other end of the deal. Too many think they can say and do anything they want when they want and not have repercussions. This is life.

If he went out on his day off ...Tuesday ...and protested, he would still be in the league. Bc he would have done it away from football.

And now he has spike lee protesting for him. Why ? Bc he doesn't want to be associated with it. Why ? Bc he wants to give the impression he's not involved and teams can trust him.

How's that for passion for a cause. Yea. Your own ***."

Back