For Sale Formals August 2016 serch results...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cantflip

Old Jagoff with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Been looking mostly for curiosities sake... need to chill for a while before spending too much again. I do have one parts car candidate I am keeping in my pocket, if a southern member is in need I will PM... but won't post here, yet. Most of this went out last week to me PM list of lookers... JIC they had interest.

I'm only posting the ones I deemed might be nice enough and might negotiate cheap enough to be worth thinking about. It may help establish values for those who care about that...

$4200 and Manual A/C...
Chrysler New Yorker Broughm! 1976

I am the second owner and have owned this car for 28 years. This car is in great condition and has been well maintained!

Mostly road miles. Last road trip was 2000 miles from Yuma, AZ to Mason City, IA and NO oil was added.

This one was deleted by author... so link is dead
http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/5666934437.html
00n0n_9WXxLX74Qsp_600x450.jpg

Runs excellent just got home from Portland w zero issues. No leaks no smoke no ticks no knocks. CD player nice newer wheels and tires almost new. New paint new top. New seats. Could use new carpet....looks ok but new carpet would spruc e it up. Gets a lot of compliments . Obo

$3000... still active...
1976 chrysler
00L0L_ju5AyNCge4o_1200x900.jpg
00x0x_3shSxNs94VO_1200x900.jpg

this car runs good has newer brakes battery dual exhaust starter power steering hose sparkplugs &wires. needs some upholstery work . air will work if charged but has a leak. 440 engine Call for more info.

This is in NY, but listed in NM... use caution if interested...
1977 Chrysler New Yorker
00H0H_HY6IEq8wCv_600x450.jpg
00h0h_hNPYCtjKHaU_600x450.jpg

One owner, garage kept, But has seen winter use. It isn't perfect however it is a beautiful old car that rides like a yacht. Clean inside & out. Minor rust & dent issues. Please see pics for more detail. More pics can be provided if needed. Selling for a friend. Please reply with a working phone number or I'll consider any reply without spam. The car is currently on the road & driven daily. Asking $4,500. No trade. Was asked by the owner to list this car for sale in NM...so here she is. It'd be a fun ride across county if you can afford the gas.

$2000... in PGH... if the seller had included a phone number instead of an email link, I might not be sharing... but too many favors required for me to be jerked around over it.
1978 CHRYSLER NEW YORKER
00Q0Q_3y4lNKGvwKS_1200x900.jpg

1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham 4 Door Hardtop, white on white on white,
Garage kept until 4 years ago, 41,000 original miles, 440 cubic inch carter 4 barrel carb rebuild, new distributor, lean burn computer removed, newer CD player installed as well as newer speakers front and rear, A real barn-find, been in the same family since new, well maintained, great for restoration, sleeper, low rider, MOPAR, great cruiser, just have no time for it, going to need some tlc, been sitting for 4 years now

I believe this is the one Carmine wrote the sensual review about a while back... still available at $4500...
1977 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham St. Regis Coupe
00s0s_hywF7Gdd426_600x450.jpg
00Z0Z_f88yff2k0ui_600x450.jpg

1977 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham, just under 42k original miles! Interior is near perfect, carpet, leather seats, original floor mats, headliner, dash, etc are all excellent. Car starts up with no problem, runs and drives great. Brakes were checked and one wheel cylinder was replaced as it was sticking, trunk lock replaced, and headlight dimmer switch replaced. Underbody is very solid and relatively clean.

Issues:
-Piece of a car magnet stuck to paint on LF fender. Can be removed carefully with heat and patience (we were fresh out of patience, sorry!).
-Paint scuff on RR quarter panel, can probably be carefully removed and buffed out
-Minor rust issues on bottom of rear quarter panels
-Fuel gauge does not work
-Speedometer does not work
-Driver side window regulator does not work

Overall a "very good" car, and can be easily brought up to "great" car standards.

I wonder how many NYB 2 drs. were made without a vinyl roof? Three? Four?
I didn't know there were any... In fact I asked about Formal NYB and Imperials without vinyl and somebody said there were none. That was too long ago to be worth digging around for, I'm not a numbers guy anyhow and am happy to take it on faith until one shows up without it.

It would be a nice find or something I don't think I would hate on a redo. It wouldn't work out on my favorite small back window models anyhow...

It's a shame more mopar guys don't like the R body New Yorker like they love the late C Bodie New Yorker and Imperials... They make Awesome drivers... alot easier to park too...

Is there anyway we can welcome the 1979-1981 R body to the sight because that is exactly what they are...they are a car without a home.. and they are completely unwanted , unknown or cared about... and have no value because of this.. we can change this...

Will not let me post t my pics of my 81 New yorker right now... sorry those interior pics are a mistake should have been body shots

FOT134E.jpeg

New revenue stream Joey...For R Bodies Only.....better add M bodies as well...:)

Is there anyway we can welcome the 1979-1981 R body to the sight because that is exactly what they are...they are a car without a home.. and they are completely unwanted , unknown or cared about... and have no value because of this.. we can change this...

Now please feel welcome to stay here... we really aren't snobbish too often. Just show our favorites due love and you're in. BTW, I like your car a bunch... but it just wouldn't work out... I have too many now and it would have to sleep in the yard (until code enforcement figured it out). Not what she deserves.

No the F J and M body forum do not recognize the R body... The R body is the last C body ever built period...

The 1981 chrysler new yorker was the last full size Chrysler ever built... I was good friends with one of the designers of the car.. he passed away of lung cancer in 2008.. They were the design team.. that along with Elwood Engel .. designed the 1965- 1968 C bodies..1969-1973 C bodies.. the 1974-1978 C bodies ... and finally there last project the new 1979 C body. I do not care of the technical mumbo jumbo.. I spoke to the guy who built this car .. and it was Chryslers last C body... it was all the guys who built you're 1965-1978 fury polara new yorkers and imperials...this was there last C body project ... I don't care about R or Bs right now .. for all intents and purposes this sight is doing Elwood and all the C body design team a disservice by ignoring the plane truth ... the C body died in 1981.... By the savior of chrysler lee iacocca

Been looking mostly for curiosities sake... need to chill for a while before spending too much again. I do have one parts car candidate I am keeping in my pocket, if a southern member is in need I will PM... but won't post here, yet. Most of this went out last week to me PM list of lookers... JIC they had interest.

I'm only posting the ones I deemed might be nice enough and might negotiate cheap enough to be worth thinking about. It may help establish values for those who care about that...

$4200 and Manual A/C...
Chrysler New Yorker Broughm! 1976

I am the second owner and have owned this car for 28 years. This car is in great condition and has been well maintained!

Mostly road miles. Last road trip was 2000 miles from Yuma, AZ to Mason City, IA and NO oil was added.

This one was deleted by author... so link is dead
http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/5666934437.html
00n0n_9WXxLX74Qsp_600x450.jpg

Runs excellent just got home from Portland w zero issues. No leaks no smoke no ticks no knocks. CD player nice newer wheels and tires almost new. New paint new top. New seats. Could use new carpet....looks ok but new carpet would spruc e it up. Gets a lot of compliments . Obo

$3000... still active...
1976 chrysler
00L0L_ju5AyNCge4o_1200x900.jpg
00x0x_3shSxNs94VO_1200x900.jpg

this car runs good has newer brakes battery dual exhaust starter power steering hose sparkplugs &wires. needs some upholstery work . air will work if charged but has a leak. 440 engine Call for more info.

This is in NY, but listed in NM... use caution if interested...
1977 Chrysler New Yorker
00H0H_HY6IEq8wCv_600x450.jpg
00h0h_hNPYCtjKHaU_600x450.jpg

One owner, garage kept, But has seen winter use. It isn't perfect however it is a beautiful old car that rides like a yacht. Clean inside & out. Minor rust & dent issues. Please see pics for more detail. More pics can be provided if needed. Selling for a friend. Please reply with a working phone number or I'll consider any reply without spam. The car is currently on the road & driven daily. Asking $4,500. No trade. Was asked by the owner to list this car for sale in NM...so here she is. It'd be a fun ride across county if you can afford the gas.

$2000... in PGH... if the seller had included a phone number instead of an email link, I might not be sharing... but too many favors required for me to be jerked around over it.
1978 CHRYSLER NEW YORKER
00Q0Q_3y4lNKGvwKS_1200x900.jpg

1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham 4 Door Hardtop, white on white on white,
Garage kept until 4 years ago, 41,000 original miles, 440 cubic inch carter 4 barrel carb rebuild, new distributor, lean burn computer removed, newer CD player installed as well as newer speakers front and rear, A real barn-find, been in the same family since new, well maintained, great for restoration, sleeper, low rider, MOPAR, great cruiser, just have no time for it, going to need some tlc, been sitting for 4 years now

I believe this is the one Carmine wrote the sensual review about a while back... still available at $4500...
1977 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham St. Regis Coupe
00s0s_hywF7Gdd426_600x450.jpg
00Z0Z_f88yff2k0ui_600x450.jpg

1977 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham, just under 42k original miles! Interior is near perfect, carpet, leather seats, original floor mats, headliner, dash, etc are all excellent. Car starts up with no problem, runs and drives great. Brakes were checked and one wheel cylinder was replaced as it was sticking, trunk lock replaced, and headlight dimmer switch replaced. Underbody is very solid and relatively clean.

Issues:
-Piece of a car magnet stuck to paint on LF fender. Can be removed carefully with heat and patience (we were fresh out of patience, sorry!).
-Paint scuff on RR quarter panel, can probably be carefully removed and buffed out
-Minor rust issues on bottom of rear quarter panels
-Fuel gauge does not work
-Speedometer does not work
-Driver side window regulator does not work

Overall a "very good" car, and can be easily brought up to "great" car standards.

Thanks for all your efforts Jeff.. Keep them come'en when you find'em. Who knows, one day I might actually be able to talk the wife into letting me have another one. Ya! I'm whipped. So what. Lol

Thanks for all your efforts Jeff.. Keep them come'en when you find'em. Who knows, one day I might actually be able to talk the wife into letting me have another one. Ya! I'm whipped. So what. Lol
Understand the whipped part... if you aren't living alone, you have to make compromises. If I can't own these, I would like to see them show up here someday.
The 1981 chrysler new yorker was the last full size Chrysler ever built... I was good friends with one of the designers of the car.. he passed away of lung cancer in 2008.. They were the design team.. that along with Elwood Engel .. designed the 1965- 1968 C bodies..1969-1973 C bodies.. the 1974-1978 C bodies ... and finally there last project the new 1979 C body. I do not care of the technical mumbo jumbo.. I spoke to the guy who built this car .. and it was Chryslers last C body... it was all the guys who built you're 1965-1978 fury polara new yorkers and imperials...this was there last C body project ... I don't care about R or Bs right now .. for all intents and purposes this sight is doing Elwood and all the C body design team a disservice by ignoring the plane truth ... the C body died in 1981.... By the savior of chrysler lee iacocca
Sounds like a C body fan to me, regardless of the car. I like the R well enough, and they get due love in here... you may get an argument on the C theory, but many of us would accept an orphan. After all at least they are cousins...

The latest batch...

$2850
1977 CHRYSLER NEWYORKER
00H0H_8zq0IK5EJs2_600x450.jpg

LOW MILES.. Own 6 vehicles.. Time for some to go.. $2850.00

commando1 posted this a while ago. The link was just removed...
http://southbend.craigslist.org/pts/5720736599.html
00H0H_jVhuT6nCGFn_600x450.jpg
00101_aeJEOC33KMX_600x450.jpg
00n0n_e5TI6Zi0jrv_600x450.jpg

I dont know if I love the color... $3500
1977 Chrysler New Yorker
00o0o_bOZHiyst5Jj_1200x900.jpg

1977 Chrysler New Yorker - Brougham.

440 ci V8 motor
Power everything
AC (not working)
Passenger window not working (gear stripped)
Motor runs rough but is fine when up to speed
Original paint (minor dings)
Like new tires
*MAKE AN OFFER*
*CASH ONLY*

$2500
1978 Chrysler New Yorker
00A0A_atmRlZyRxt6_1200x900.jpg
00L0L_hCE8MOKL0iB_1200x900.jpg

1978 Chrysler New Yorker Survivor. Never smoked in, adult driven, third owner, original spare tire with cover. Mint blue interior full power. 400 v8 automatic 80k miles. Some cosmetic blemishes but overall a nice old car. Clean title. $2500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back