Fuel tank fill tube grommet

66furys

Reaction score
So, after reading all the crap about the 66 C body having a distinct size grommet, I ordered one as I began to remove my tank. Evidently, and I am not smart enough to understand, but the cars with rear fuel fill at the bumper must have something different, unknown. So, after pulling mine, it measures about 2 7/8 OD and just over 2 inches ID. The one I got from a good supplier is 1/4 inch small. Mine has a cast number 2209472 on the back side. I have written the supplier, Sunday, and am wondering if I will have to use the OEM.....hmmm. This with further talk about the wrong materials, and check for gasoline accommodation, which I intend to do. Old cars.

You are exactly right.....I had misread the number on mine.....thought it was 2209472, but you are right. I cleaned better and it is 3472. I have already ordered a third one, and if not right, will get back to you. Thank you for some clarification.

So, finally I am good on this. The Detroit Muscle part will work, but has two bevels that result in one line of contact around the tube. So, I had also ordered one from InLine Tube, and got it today. It is great. Has a dirt boot on the outside, and also a heavy contact on the tube for about 1/4 inch, like the one I removed. So, the InLine product measures 2.90 OD and 2 inch ID and fits my tube correctly.. Happy now.

Back