Fury 73 floor panels on 74 fury

josehf34

Reaction score
Hi guys

I need to fix some rust on my floor pan (trunk and interior) and I found this panels at Andy's Autoparts that claim to be compatible with 74 fury.

Can somebody confirm me if they really are compatible? :poke:

73 was the last of the Fuselage cars. 1974 was the first year of the Formal design. You could probably make them work as you'll be doing a lot of cutting/ welding any way. But I doubt these are an exact fit.

Hi guys

I need to fix some rust on my floor pan (trunk and interior) and I found this panels at Andy's Autoparts that claim to be compatible with 74 fury.

Can somebody confirm me if they really are compatible? :poke:
1. As they say, No Way Jose.
2. It says on his opening page, 73 - 74. Click on it and it then says 65 - 73.

1. As they say, No Way Jose.
2. It says on his opening page, 73 - 74. Click on it and it then says 65 - 73.

Well... I was a little excited about the fact that be found some panels for my car. If they are not compatible with the 74 Fury seems to be like the body shop will going to have to do all the rust fix work.

Thanks guys :)

Ahh... More of the"Classic 2 Current" sheet metal. This seems to come up every month or so.

All flat sheet metal formed on brakes and shears. It doesn't fit without as much work as it would take to fabricate it from scratch.

I tried it on my 53 Chrysler. It's junk.

Run away.

I take it the trunk extensions they sell for my 73' Polara would be an unwise purchase considering all of the extra finish work involved?

Their crap is flat panels cut and bent.
Panels need to be stamped.
Why you ask?
Take a basketball. That's your car.
Now take a piece of cardboard. That's your panel.
Take that cardboard and lay it flat uniformly over the surface of the basketball without wrinkling it. You can't.
The panels they send you is that piece of cardboard.

Posted via Topify on Android

Their crap is flat panels cut and bent.
Panels need to be stamped.
Why you ask?
Take a basketball. That's your car.
Now take a piece of cardboard. That's your panel.
Take that cardboard and lay it flat uniformly over the surface of the basketball without wrinkling it. You can't.
The panels they send you is that piece of cardboard.

Posted via Topify on Android

Now that's a lot clear. In other words the panels from classic 2 current just cant be bent to fit well the car when are going to be installed

Last edited:
I thought I was pretty clear, but Stan gave a good analogy.

I don't care what the other forums say, the stuff is junk. I bought floor pans and inner rocker panels for my 53 Chrysler. I figured it was a pretty simple floor and there shouldn't be a big issue, even if the stuff wasn't the greatest.

The floor panels were close to being a joke. Nothing came close to fitting and a lot more work was needed to get them to work. There was an access panel that I needed, and that was a complete disaster, not even fitting correctly to their own panels! That ended up in the scrap pile when I found a nice used one.

I can't even imagine what kind of work would be involved in making one of their panels work on a body with a compound curve.

Back