Graveyard or ER

I like the condition of the car. Nice find!
Personally, hope you raise the front suspension back to stock and somehow lose the hood scoop.

Standard Catalog of Chrysler 1924-1990: I see factory production total of 842 for the 1970 Polara convertible. If the rule that 2/3 are gone applies, that leaves less than 300 in existence. If rarity matters, your car should be saved.
Standard Catalog of Chrysler 1924-1990: I see factory production total of 842 for the 1970 Polara convertible. If the rule that 2/3 are gone applies, that leaves less than 300 in existence. If rarity matters, your car should be saved.
Not sure why everyone is questioning my car's condition, it will be on the road by this summer, it's a runner just needs a lot of TLC. The original thread was to get a general perspective on what everyone constitutes as something that should be saved and what should go. My perspective is, if the body is shot , has a bad motor and tranny, part it out. If there is too much rust compromising the structure and safety, crush it by all means but also as indicated by one of the members remove all the good stuff to fund your next project. Save as much as you can is what I think!
I knew about your fun facts, what would be good to know is how many are still alive in the States and how many still alive in Canada.
Thanks Eh!

I like the condition of the car. Nice find!
Personally, hope you raise the front suspension back to stock and somehow lose the hood scoop.
Got a hood from a 71 Monaco, so Ellie May will sport two different tops from time to time.
Come on don't tell me you've just been looking at only one photo of the new advertising on this form!
Took those silly slappers off today and yes she will be leveled out. I try to get a few hours work on her every day.

Have a nice night!

Not sure why everyone is questioning my car's condition, it will be on the road by this summer, it's a runner just needs a lot of TLC. The original thread was to get a general perspective on what everyone constitutes as something that should be saved and what should go. My perspective is, if the body is shot , has a bad motor and tranny, part it out. If there is too much rust compromising the structure and safety, crush it by all means but also as indicated by one of the members remove all the good stuff to fund your next project. Save as much as you can is what I think!
I knew about your fun facts, what would be good to know is how many are still alive in the States and how many still alive in Canada.
Thanks Eh!

Got a hood from a 71 Monaco, so Ellie May will sport two different tops from time to time.
Come on don't tell me you've just been looking at only one photo of the new advertising on this form!
Took those silly slappers off today and yes she will be leveled out. I try to get a few hours work on her every day.

Have a nice night!
Not sure how I questioned your car's condition by offering a production # and saying the car looks nice.
I think it's impossible to know how many are alive, unless someone can merge DMV databases from all 50 states and Canada.
Glad the slappers came off and the stance will be level.
Have a nice night too! :thumbsup:

I would like to thank Boydsdodge for stopping by to see Ellie May and giving me his honest opinion.
As he said a new set of eyes on the situation gives you a better perspective.
Enjoy the maple syrup!

The restoration continues if you can call it that, the cancer is extensive on the floors so I did go ahead with the drum metal, 2X as thick and I do not regret it. It's do something or part it out, I am saving this car as much as I can and it may not be up to the standards of all the purists on this site but I do not owe Chrysler/Dodge/ Plymouth anything, so again it will not get back to stock! I want to thank Boydsdodge again for dropping by and all the pointers he handed out. He understands I am doing a fun build.
I did find out by trial and error that a Flux core welder just isn't enough to do the job ( too much spatter on old metal) and I'm just waiting for my 7525 gas and regulator to come in to change over to MIG.
The rust is so extensive and in the contouring floor that I had to use Robertson screws ( great Canadian invention) to snug up the metal everywhere and I will then MIG weld the laps. Glad someone warned me about the aftermarket foot wells being not worth it. Here are a few pics for you to scrutinize.
Thought I would include the photo of what the former owner used as reservoirs for windshield fluid and rad overflow?? Welcome to my world!
On another note is there a dashboard overlay available out there for a 70 Polara, he destroyed that too ?

Thanks and have a good day, officially retiring tomorrow, PT

IMG_3068.JPG

IMG_3070.JPG

IMG_3075.JPG

IMG_3073.JPG

IMG_2925.JPG

IMG_3032.JPG

IMG_3074.JPG

Looking good. The proper welding equipment will make things go so much easier.
Princess Auto will be very helpful for supplies.

They almost all can be saved. Almost never worth the money or labor to save unless a real Hemi car. I saved my Roached Runner from the scraper. Was an old parts car. I slapped it back together with whatever I could find and drive it as is. Now a super sleeper with a built 383, with a 2 stage 125/250 Nitrous plate, header, Holley 850 D.P. built trans with a 10" 3200 convertor, 4:88 gears with a spool and 275 drag radials with widened steelies. Looks like hell but is way faster than it looks.

20170311_163254.jpg

20170311_163316.jpg

20210530_123505.jpg

20210530_123448.jpg

20210530_143335.jpg

20210717_154524.jpg

20210719_145509.jpg

20210811_195848.jpg

They almost all can be saved. Almost never worth the money or labor to save unless a real Hemi car. I saved my Roached Runner from the scraper. Was an old parts car. I slapped it back together with whatever I could find and drive it as is. Now a super sleeper with a built 383, with a 2 stage 125/250 Nitrous plate, header, Holley 850 D.P. built trans with a 10" 3200 convertor, 4:88 gears with a spool and 275 drag radials with widened steelies. Looks like hell but is way faster than it looks.

View attachment 516920

View attachment 516921

View attachment 516922

View attachment 516923

View attachment 516924

View attachment 516925

View attachment 516926

View attachment 516927
As a farmer I have too much MacGyver in my blood to go out and buy something I can just make

Back