Guilty Pleasures

While I'm not a biker, I've known a few.
Sigh... yea John Biker's ain't what they use to be!

382240981_328194596534416_264159465490771366_n.jpg

:rofl:

1700754265736.png
1700754531606.png

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone, Happy Thanksgiving

It has begun. Tis the season.

Sawbones tells me when my annual physical rolls around mid Jan. 2024, if I have added more that five pounds, she's gonna strangle me. Or, do my prostate exam ... though my ear. :poke:

I make it. every year, but that's by reducing portion size, reducing frequency.

The "joys" of getting old. :)

Last edited:
View attachment 628979It has begun. Tis the season.

Sawbones tells me when my annual physical rolls around mid Jan. 2024, if I have added more that five pounds, she's gonna strangle me. Or, do my prostate exam ... though my ear. :poke:

I make it. every year, but that's by reducing portion size, reducing frequency.

The "joys" of getting old. :)
My wife and I are staying home this year. I made a pumpkin pie and she made pumpkin bars. She’s cooking the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and I will make the gravy and do the dishes.

We’re hosting a progressive dinner for New Year’s Eve and that’ll be decadent…
IMG_8575.jpeg

What started out as just me, my wife and son. Now our daughter came home so one more. Then my wife and daughter “adopted” the family that my daughter nannied for last summer. Great people but only the dad and 10 month old can come as his wife is doing her residency and has to work today. So Turkey and all the fixings. Plus I decided smoke an apple bourbon maple pork loin. I am the meat cooker. Turkey has to be traditional, but I can experiment on the pork loin and such to come up with different flavor profiles.

My wife and I are staying home this year. I made a pumpkin pie and she made pumpkin bars. She’s cooking the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and I will make the gravy and do the dishes.

We’re hosting a progressive dinner for New Year’s Eve and that’ll be decadent…View attachment 628981
First food coma, this is right before the gluttony:
IMG_8581.jpeg

Circle of life.

Grandkids both have enough teeth now, and they won't swallow things they shouldn't, and I still have all my real teeth, I discovered I still like these, just like 6 decades ago.

grandpa can therefore "knock down" a few (under adult supervision-for them & me - they are syrupy sweet) with my two toddler/pre-school grandkiddies.

:)

WAXBTL-2.jpeg
Wax-Jumbo-Sticks-18.5-lb._500x.jpg

Last edited:
Repeat in this tread from 8 years ago. Probably for fifth time since then, I celebrated a Chief's big game win couple weeks agol

I am otherwise "helpless" to its power over me, so I gotta stay away from it.:poke:

so good. umm...!

1708887746459.png

Repeat in this tread from 8 years ago. Probably for fifth time since then, I celebrated a Chief's big game win couple weeks agol

I am otherwise "helpless" to its power over me, so I gotta stay away from it.:poke:

so good. umm...!

View attachment 646301
That’s how I am with Blue Bunny Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. For me, there is no self control.

Like rum raisin I only get two per year - little bitty container is also ~1,000 calories. That"ll take a old man like me 2 days to metabolize.:)

haagen-dazs-pistachio-ice-cream-pint-1500x1140.png

Most post about food. Here's a Swingline 333. Could not resist the temptation, lucky low bid on eBay last weekend, got it today. That is the seller's hand, not mine.

PS: thank you for the idea, @Imperialist67

s-l1600.jpg

s-l160011.jpg

Here's another angle (not mine), more about it here:

1709864758053.png

Last edited:
Back