Happy Birthday To......

SportFury70

Reaction score
Our DY2 Sunfire Yellow 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury S/23 today. It has a Scheduled Production Date (or SPD) of A15 or October 15th 1969, at least that is what it says on the fender tag.

Here is the history of the car as I know it, the car was a new off the car lot purchase from New Britain Chrysler/Plymouth in New Britain Connecticut by an elderly couple who wanted a 2 door air conditioned car. They did not care if it was rare and special. When the car was still relatively new and had only 2,500 miles on the odometer, the original engine blew up under warranty because of a blown connecting rod. So in went a 1971 warranty block. Also while the elderly couple had the car, it was stolen from the wife from her work in Connecticut BUT was recovered in a parking garage in Massachusetts.

My stepfather knew the original owners very very well from helping them fix things, he saw the car in the garage one day and knew it was rare so he had to have it. That said he told them when you are ready to sell let me know. He bought the car for only $500 from the elderly couple in about 1983 because the reverse band was broken, even the 2nd carburetor barrel did not open and was stuck shut because the couple didnt romp on it. This car was the 3rd C-body my stepdad bought. He did a repaint when he got the car because of a bad 1st repaint, the GT strobe stripe kit came from Ohio, they did not have any S/23 kits yet so my stepdad handmade the S/23 front fender decals himself.

Mr. Galen Govier decoded the cars fender tag in 1998. My stepdad then brought the car to the Mopar Nationals Show in Englishtown NJ in 1997 where Galen picked it as one of his "Top 10 Picks". The car in 1999 won President's Pick at the big local annual Mopar Expo, and about 10 years later in 2010 was a featured car on our car clubs 1st annual Executive Dodge dash plaque.

The car still has all its original body panels, paint on the firewall of the engine bay, interior except the headliner, factory aligned hood, grille, and Rallye rims.

Alright that is enough of my yackin', I just wanna say Happy Birthday Baby & Many More! We had some great times together.

:):thumbsup::steering::usflag:
20200821_165859.jpg
20200821_165841.jpg
20200821_121914.jpg

Happy Birthday indeed! Lovely car congrats.

Back