Hard To Find Parts

streetmachine

Reaction score
Just wondering here what are the hard to find parts for these cars overall? I'll throw out the typical stuff like body parts but, mainly what I am more concerned with is the mechanical aspect of things. I thought I read something about a brake booster being one. What else? Anyways, thank you in advance.

Light bulbs and filters aren't hard to get. Everything else you should hang on to. Nobody makes ANYTHING for these cars!

Just wondering here what are the hard to find parts for these cars overall? I'll throw out the typical stuff like body parts but, mainly what I am more concerned with is the mechanical aspect of things. I thought I read something about a brake booster being one. What else? Anyways, thank you in advance.

Depending on the year, there are a lotta parts available from NAPA.

Engine and transmission items are not an issue, with the possible exception of some A318 bits. Body...fuggetabouit, no one makes repops for C-bodies.

Interior...some bits are being made by Legendary and ABC Mopars, along with a couple of others, but of course, nothing like what's available for A/B/E-body cars.

Glass...depends on what car you have. Windshields are the easiest to find, but side glass and backlites are very hard to source new, if at all. No one I know of repops lenses of any kind for the "C"s.

Brake boosters should be rebuilt by a competent rebuilder. New ones are pretty hard to find. Rebuiding is your only option on the '74 - '78 cars.

It depends on what you are looking for and for what year, make and model.

Thanks everyone. Well, this will help me in my quest for a Formal C-Body and what I should expect.

Thanks everyone. I know that it seems easier to find parts for these cars than my Dakota even used. I guess CFC (Cash For Clunkers took care of the Dakota stuff for me. When I bought this truck I figure it would easier to find the brake parts and what not but, it is not because 1990 was the first year Chrysler used rear ABS on the Dakota. 1989s did not have it. Anyways, I had a heck of a time finding clips and what not for this truck but, I found them. Anyways, that's what prompted my question about these cars because I've had a B-Body and LRE before and parts were pretty easy to find both aftermarket and NOS.

Just about everything.

Finding a good used dash pad is becoming very hard. Finding a drivers side HP manifold can be a challenge. Rare options such as the Super Light are difficult to locate for 69 and almost impossible for 70. In all cases these things are very expensive. The other side of the coin is body panels and interior bits are still out there at more reasonable prices than equivalent A, B & E parts. My .02.

Finding a good used dash pad is becoming very hard. Finding a drivers side HP manifold can be a challenge. Rare options such as the Super Light are difficult to locate for 69 and almost impossible for 70. In all cases these things are very expensive. The other side of the coin is body panels and interior bits are still out there at more reasonable prices than equivalent A, B & E parts. My .02.

Thank you. I used to own an E-Body (71 Challenger) and I would never go back to owning one because it too small for a big guy like me. Plus, you can't fit a full size spare in the trunk as well. Parts abundance though.

I was surprised that some of the parts are hard to find for my truck but, I suppose given CFC (Cash for Clunkers) has crushed a lot of the 1st gen trucks. Anyways, this is good to know.

Back