Heater Core Supplier

Jengel451

Reaction score
Looking for a supplier for this Heater Core. 67 Fury w/AC Original Air is out, the shipping charges make them a non player going forward.

BF4E5E92-C69E-49BA-B9C6-0989C0B102B6.jpeg

From my experience you don't want an original air heater core. This looks like the one I used; ebay. I will say this though the mounting flange is not a perfect replication, but it will fit and work. The part from original air had a perfect match as far as mounting plate goes, but the line for the coolant stuck out of the box too far.

If you valve which is shown in your picture make sure to test it before installing it. Mine had a bad solder joint and peed all over the car. I've also been advised that you should put the tubes onto the valve and core (the ones that go through the firewall) before putting the two screws through the box that hold the valve in place. This supposedly allows the tubes to go together easier and to line up properly.

Good info. I was looking at the one you posted, but also saw this one Ebay Copper. and found that year one looks to have the same one, probably all the same as Original Air.

Thanks for the tip on install!

When we changed the heater core on our '66 Newport 383 factory a/c car, back in about 1975 or so, the orig Chrysler part number had changed a few times at that time, BUT a final supercession part number was found. So it was ordered and installed. When I later asked the parts guy what the part number fit, he looked through several Chrysler parts books, price schedules, and finally came up with "1970 Charger w/factory air". I thought that was interesting and thanked him for his time. BTW, the new heater core worked just as good as the original one did.

Reason for the replacement? Typical fogging of the windshield on Defrost mode and wet carpet on the rh front footwell.

Just some recollections,
CBODY67

live4the king been wondering what the final outcome of that leak was...

Back