Hello From Pennsylvania

69chrysler300vert

Reaction score
I’m a fifteen year old kid from Pennsylvania. I don’t own any cars yet but my dad has had two mopars in my life time, a 1968 Imperial Crown sedan, and a 1969 Chrysler 300 convertible. The imperial was sold in 2008 but he still owns the 300 and I have been him bugging to fix it for years now.

AFEEA2B7-14D8-4C88-B111-12F5C112A3B4.png

7C9FCF99-C58B-4691-AE7A-B76BDD638562.jpeg

Welcome from east texas! Good to hear there are still young carguys out there. Keep after him, you'll get done. Im a 300 guy myself. Good luck.

Welcome, you've found the right place to ask questions and find sources for parts. Tell your dad to check out this site, maybe that will motivate him. Don't let him sell it, tell him it will be your Graduation present. BTW, I'm just north of you, Zelie area.:thumbsup:

I have the same car! It can be so much you just don't know where to start. Your dad my be overwhelmed but calmly push.
Just have him focus on the engine getting cleaned up, lubed, . . .working. . .the rest will come.
kind of like a snow ball. .once you get the engine going, it motivates you to do the next thing and the next. . but just don't try to do it all at once. . .

I’m a fifteen year old kid from Pennsylvania. I don’t own any cars yet but my dad has had two mopars in my life time, a 1968 Imperial Crown sedan, and a 1969 Chrysler 300 convertible. The imperial was sold in 2008 but he still owns the 300 and I have been him bugging to fix it for years now.

View attachment 587035

View attachment 587036

See if you can get your dad to bring you to Chryslers at Carlisle, PA in July. That big meet should set him (and you) on fire. A lot of us FCBO guys will be there. Here are some pics from Mike:

Mike66Chryslers pics from Carlisle 2022

Welcome! At 15, there is a lot you can do without your dad’s help. Will he let you do things on the car without him?

It looks like the car ran when it was parked in that container. Does it still run?? You could start by simply cleaning up the engine bay. Like @Dave O says above, focus on one small thing to start, and the rest will start to follow naturally. Try not to get overwhelmed with a long list of everything you think you need to get done.

You got this!

Yes, the car ran when parked and runs as well as a 45k mile 440 can. The carburetor is a modern-ish 4160 (I think) on a half inch spacer that leaves no space between the air cleaner and the hood.

Back