Hello From the Eastern Panhadle Of WV, Berkeley Springs WV - 64 Newport

nkaust

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

first sorry for no pics it's been raining since tuesday and i brought the cruiser home last friday and had a busy weekend. Pics asap. its a 1964 Chrysler Newport 4 door sedan 361 2 barrel strumberg, push button auto, factory air. , i bought this car from my FIL after he was tired Of Messing with it. he bought it from a fellow mopar man which the car belonged to his father and he was the original owner of the car. 1st owner of the car passed it on to his son and the car was well taking care of it's entire life. the is almost all original except the drivers side fender, paint and hubcaps. it was wrecked into a bank in the 80's. the drivers side fender was replaced and the entire car was repainted and not the original color. the car was driven around here and there always stored in a barn built in around 1900 lol. the car was parked in 96. this past summer my FIL and me made the voyage to retrieve the car from it's resting place which had me very excited, no matter what the badge is it just gets me going to move any piece of old iron from it's resting place. well after a few months of him messing with it he passed it on to me. now to bring it home. i had a fun time getting the beast to the house with my FIL. i was told bring some gas to put in it. i put about 4 gallons of gas in the car. started it, the car was running great, and now to began my journey only to be stopped short of him blowing the horn and me dumping gas in the driveway lol. the gas tank had a hole about the size of my thumb in the side of the tank, the way it was sitting all of the gas was away from the hole and it never leaked a drop. yay lol. well found the drain plug, drained the tank, her dad supplied me with about 8ft of fuel hose, unhooked the line from the tank side of the pump ran the line from under the hood, in the vent window into a 4 gallon tank lol. ready to move now to only find the car wont run,......... oh yea the car is warm now and the choke is off so the old gummed up carb needs choke to run, well after a little wire, and the choke closed about 3/4 of the way she is purring like a kitten again, well down the road i go muffler draggin and only lost one hubcap lol. FIL was driving my 07 caliber and couldn't keep up heheh, but i must say the car drove beautifully and had plenty of power. i have orderd my rebuild kit for the carb which arrived today and have started making a list of things that need done and are getting done. i want to do some upgrades to the engine like 4 barrel, maybe a cam, nothing to wild because it is going to be a family cruiser and my grocery getter lol but i have a few other projects to clear up and sell to make room and money for this first, so it's going to be a slow project but i want it to come out nice.

thanks
nkaust

Back