Hello to all from a new C body hopeful

Reaction score
Hi resident C-bods! I've never owned a C body, but I've always wanted one because my great aunt and uncle drove them (Imperials and New Yorkers, of course, being the proprietors of a small town Chrysler-Plymouth dealership). My first car (in 1976), and forever favorite, was a B body. It was a 4 door 1966 Belvedere II in dark blue metallic with a two-tone blue vinyl interior. A different great aunt had ordered and purchased it new. It had a 318 backed by a TorqueFlite, and an AM radio; and no other options. My dad had, for his hobby farm, a former Air Force 1962 Dodge W300 powered by a 251 flat head six. It had dual rear wheels, a flat bed and a Braden LU-2 PTO winch. Now that I've entered retirement, my search is on for a C body of my own... (and another B body, if you don't mind)! I hope I don't ask too many questions; maybe I can even answer a few. Thank you in advance.

3EE3F068-D892-449E-BF2E-D9142AC3A645_1_201_a.jpeg

143BDAEC-795E-405C-9ED3-46DA5BA33E07_1_201_a.jpeg

Howdy and welcome from Colorado!

Looks like that 66 has a red interior! Awesome color combo there! Maybe I'm seeing it wrong or it's just a towel in the rear window.

Is that the triple blue car?

Howdy and welcome from Colorado!

Looks like that 66 has a red interior! Awesome color combo there! Maybe I'm seeing it wrong or it's just a towel in the rear window.

Is that the triple blue car?
Hi cuda hunter.. Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm afraid that's an old red sheet I folded and put back there to prevent more sun damage; the original blue vinyl had begun to split. It was a triple blue car, in fact. I sure miss it. Those photos are circa 1978.

Welcome to the group, look around, and you might find a Belvedere like the one you had. For me it started with the '67 Fury my parents had until the mid-70's. For Mopars I went for/bought, I stuck with 1967, but "traded up" and found a '67 Imperial, then a '67 New Yorker.

Welcome to the group, look around, and you might find a Belvedere like the one you had. For me it started with the '67 Fury my parents had until the mid-70's. For Mopars I went for/bought, I stuck with 1967, but "traded up" and found a '67 Imperial, then a '67 New Yorker.
Good advice.. I should join the B body group as well.

Welcome from Virginia! 4-door on Belvidere will discount your cost.
I had a 1973 New Yorker. Loved it.

Welcome to the forum
Check out my garage, you can make a C body handle better with front and rear sway bars with poly end links
Gas front shock and air in the back
Virtually no body roll
But wheels and tires that are not stock will help although keeping a formal look will not be easy to retain a formal look
Modern vs formal classic tires are totally at opposite ends

Welcome to the forum
Check out my garage, you can make a C body handle better with front and rear sway bars with poly end links
Gas front shock and air in the back
Virtually no body roll
But wheels and tires that are not stock will help although keeping a formal look will not be easy to retain a formal look
Modern vs formal classic tires are totally at opposite ends
Thank you vlodarty! Good ideas.. I think I'm settling on 65-68 Chrylers.. maybe thru '73 Dodges. My biggest problem is finding a decent car within a reasonable distance of southern CA; they've mostly been exported or crushed.

Now I'm looking for a 1976 or 77 New Yorker Brougham. I'd prefer a '74-75 Imperial but I never want to deal with Auto Temp II.
welcome !

with the 74-75 imperial you will have a very tough time finding brake parts.
auto temp II can be repaired if need be.......

fwiw, i was out today in my 78 Salon and the auto temp works perfectly

1654320830405.png

welcome !

with the 74-75 imperial you will have a very tough time finding brake parts.
auto temp II can be repaired if need be.......

fwiw, i was out today in my 78 Salon and the auto temp works perfectly

View attachment 535459
Thanks marko! Wow! Your car is gorgeous. Fantastic color combo! Maybe I can someday find a 76-78 with manual a/c. I doubt I could find anyone to repair/maintain ATCII; that's something I wouldn't mind doing myself except that I've developed some pretty bad nerve damage in my left hand. Is the windshield wiper issue on '78's really a big deal? I know a couple of honest mechanics to do work for me, but I don't know how enthused they'll be about having to fabricate parts. Thank you again.. and WOW again on your car!

thanks ! theres a couple of fixes for the wiper problem, i will see if i can find the links for them.

in 78 only the Salon package was available, about 1200 made, all were painted silver crystal clear coat ( mopar didnt use clear coat on other cars until the early 80s), with silver elk grain vinyl tops. you could choose velour or leather in either a rather bright red or pale gray. they also had the smaller back window from the 74-75 imperial and had '"aluminum fascia basket" wheels with 1.6" white walls.
this car is the 3rd sunroof salon ive owned.

thanks ! theres a couple of fixes for the wiper problem, i will see if i can find the links for them.

in 78 only the Salon package was available, about 1200 made, all were painted silver crystal clear coat ( mopar didnt use clear coat on other cars until the early 80s), with silver elk grain vinyl tops. you could choose velour or leather in either a rather bright red or pale gray. they also had the smaller back window from the 74-75 imperial and had '"aluminum fascia basket" wheels with 1.6" white walls.
this car is the 3rd sunroof salon ive owned.
[/URL]
Amazing marko.. Thank you very much for sharing!

Back