HELP ;-) searching Roof real seal Newport 72 Hardtop 4-door

Arnd

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am searching for the complete roof real seal. From the front door to the back door. Unfortunately there are no leftovers to compare. It could be Metro LP110EF or LP110IJ or LP110M or LP110 OFT. I have no idea.
I would be very happy about your support

Arnd

20230821_170721[1].jpg

20230926_175505[1].jpg

Last edited:
There is a very large C-body contingency in Europe. Check out the recent video of "C-bodies At The River" posted in here and also on YouTube. Perhaps you could get a visual from one of their cars?

Once past the "plug" at the front end of the w/strip, at the base of the A-pillar, it is one continuous piece until it gets to the rear joint at the C-pillar and then heads down to its rear ending at the base of the C-pillar. End result is that unless somebody has a source for the complete weatherstrip, you might have to build one, mitre that C-pillar joint, and then figure out something for the plugs at each end. Perhaps, you could make a mold from somebody's car and then mold your own ends out of some kind of rubber?

On the 4-dr hardtops, the rear door glass adjustment (and related door adjustment) is important as it can dig into the weatherstrip when the door closes, compressing and sliding on the rubber. I saw a '71 Fury which had a thinner plastic shield in that area, obviously factory, as a part of that car's roof rail weatherstrip. I needed one for my '70 Monaco, which had rubbed through the weatherstrip in that area. So check out those videos posted on here and perhaps you can network with somebody on your side of the pond to look at what's on their cars.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Back