Hi all!

65furyrewind

Reaction score
Hi all! I recently bought a 65 Plymouth Sport Fury convertible project and what a project. On the plus side it has a great paint job and virtually no rust but…. It was disassembled for a proper paint job, but the previous owners were not able to finish and much has not been reinstalled. I have a pile of parts and fasteners, mostly trim and interior, few of which have been sorted or marked. For extra fun there may be a few things missing and a few parts mixed in that don’t belong with this car. Oh well, nothing as engaging as a good puzzle. (Also, I don’t have to feel remorse for not taking pictures of certain things during disassembly.). On line searches have turned up a good deal of info from this forum and now felt like a good time to join.

The first car I ever bought was a 65 Plymouth Fury III from my grandpa and paid $500 for it. It was maroon with a 318 2 barrel. I hotted it up a bit by adding a 4 barrel manifold and carb. Poor thing got hit while parked and later rusted out badly. Before it went to the salvage yard I pulled the emblems off it, some of which will work on the Sport Fury and now the Sport Fury wears the PLYMOUTH across the front of the hood that came from the Fury III. No idea why I kept those emblems with me since some time in the late 70’s, but glad I did.

Back