Hidden (Concealed) Headlight Doors Misaligned

Well I did take my assembly apart today and here's what I found. It doesn't photograph well but there is considerable play between the torsion rod and the (I'm assuming) nylon opening on the motor.

20230910_151647.jpg
20230910_151653.jpg

For clarity shown with the end point of torsion rod but same play persists in actual position.

Might be going with yours as well? Since if you're pushing gently on one, both close fully?

The headlight motor is mounted on a bracket with three small bolts. That bracket is mounted to the centre support with two large bolts.

Both the holes through the bracket and the holes through the centre support are slightly larger (of course) than their respective bolts. I.e. if you loosen those slightly you can rotate the headlight motor counter clockwise a bit and thus taking up the slack from the nylon-torsion rod interface.

(The three smaller bolts are only accessible if the headlight motor is removed from the car, unfortunately)

20230910_153649.jpg
20230910_153857.jpg

@thethee

fhanks for asking.

naw. l dont have my 'A" team guys on it I dont think. the scrubs, led by me, are playing now.

i dont know that what i have been told so far wont work ... we are executing poorly, trying to avoid taking the assembly apart.

appreciate any thoughts you might add.

:thumbsup:
I used crescent wrenches and twisted the door rods until even. That's what FSM says

Back