Holley Carburetor on OE Plymouth linkage

Rooster34

Reaction score
Hey folks hope you are all doing well! I recently rebuilt a 65 318 pol engine and put a bigger cam in it do I decided to go with a holley 4412 500 cfm 2 bbl to pop onto the stock intake. I'm trying to figure out how to hook up the stock linkage (throttle and kick down) I bought the extension bracket and also the other extended part that hooks in but is doesn't hook up all that well. I'm wondering if there is anything I can adapt with any of the parts I have or just what is on the holley to make it work or if anyone has done something simple that works. Any help is appreciated

Pictures of the OEM set-up and then the Holley, for comparison. Might any of this have to do with the fact an adapter is needed to attach the Holley 2bbl to the Chrysler intake manifold? Might not need the 4bbl adapters for the linkage and such.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Pictures of the OEM set-up and then the Holley, for comparison. Might any of this have to do with the fact an adapter is needed to attach the Holley 2bbl to the Chrysler intake manifold? Might not need the 4bbl adapters for the linkage and such.

Enjoy!
CBODY67
Yes I bought the transdapt adapter to mount the holley on the 2bbl intake, the holley carb is a holley 500 cfm 2bbl. I also bought the chrysler throttle linkage extender and the extended linkage arm. Stock set up was on a ww3 stromberg. Ill try and get some better photos

20210409_072750.jpg

20201111_211748.jpg

Make double sure you have the Holley adapter and not the edelbrock type. They kind of look alike but it’s a trick and it will only lead you to madness.

Yes I bought the transdapt adapter to mount the holley on the 2bbl intake, the holley carb is a holley 500 cfm 2bbl. I also bought the chrysler throttle linkage extender and the extended linkage arm. Stock set up was on a ww3 stromberg. Ill try and get some better photos

The only adapter I'm aware of for Holley is pn 20-7 which is what it looks like you have. Your throttle linkage should be screwed into that offset leg of the adapter and then attached to the carb.

Best pic I could find, found another

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

With the adapter bracket and the Chrysler stud installed, how much different is the stud's location on the engine when compared to the stud with the OEM carb installed? How much will the throttle cable need to be moved for everything to slide onto the stud? Being 2bbl to 2bbl, it might not be that much and certainly less than 2bbl to 4bbl, I suspect.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

The only adapter I'm aware of for Holley is pn 20-7 which is what it looks like you have. Your throttle linkage should be screwed into that offset leg of the adapter and then attached to the carb.

Best pic I could find, found another

View attachment 452212

View attachment 452213

I agree. I have used that adapter numerous times. What you have does not look right at all to me.

Heh guys thanks gor all the input, I was actully.able to use just the adapter bracket and the OE stud for the kickdown and the throttle off my stromberg

Back