How to save rocker panel trim clips

SGT FURY

Reaction score
Stripping this 63 300 4dr
I would like to save these rocker panel trim clips.
I'm able to remove clips ok,but I'm losing the center inside rocker panel?
Anyway to retrieve plastic centers from rocker or remove clips complete?
I don't believe they are reproduced?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Pictures are a little blurry, are they held by screws, or do they look something like weld studs?

They are the plastic expansion plug style.
I can get the center plug out,but it's falling inside rocker.
It's a parts car so I think I will cut rocker open and maybe use air to blow them out hole.?

Too late for you now but I've gotten them out by drilling a small hole in the center, inserting appropriate screw, & pulling out the pin as opposed to pushing it through.

I tapped a sharp pick tool in the pin at an angle, rotate the pin so it’s loose in the clip and pull it out. It chews it up some, but they work fine.

i always thought to get some dowel and use that. Or go to a model shop and see if they have any plastic pins that diameter.

I only did 2 of them before stopping to ask question here.
I have 3 63 300s and a dodge 880 to use for clips.
I need the clips for a 62 300 and possibly try to see what rocker mouldings might look like on 61 Plymouth
I will try those suggestions!!!! Will post results.
Too late for you now but I've gotten them out by drilling a small hole in the center, inserting appropriate screw, & pulling out the pin as opposed to pushing it through.

I tapped a sharp pick tool in the pin at an angle, rotate the pin so it’s loose in the clip and pull it out. It chews it up some, but they work fine.

i always thought to get some dowel and use that. Or go to a model shop and see if they have any plastic pins that diameter.

I found that some of the easier access smaller 4 dr trim have the same plastic round stock centers. I imagine most of the expansion trim clips are the same

4AE2C8F7-0EAB-49DC-8E52-E0DF0CA083B0.jpeg

41D4280A-569E-4BFB-8051-04DFA2DC8A08.jpeg

DAE67A0E-E7AC-4FA1-BE32-E114E4716F35.jpeg

Back