Interesting Fact about my '65 Chrysler 300 Convertible

rexus31

Reaction score
Shout out to tallzag for pointing this out to me.

Apparently, before being sold out of Canoga Chrysler in Van Nuys, CA in March of '65, my car served as a Chrysler Company Car from its delivery in Oct, '64 until February or March of '65. This is evidenced by the 81100 Dealer Code and 15 Region Code on the IBM Punch Card. Pretty cool. Thanks again for the info tallzag!

Very cool to find out. We all knew your car was special.

Canoga Chrysler in Van Nuys? I would have expected Canoga Park where my Dad bought the Cougar.

It's kind of funny, Chrysler historical has "unknown" for the 81100 dealer code and the 15 region but they are known codes to people who collect this stuff. You'd think Chrysler Historical would have all of the dealer numbers.

They could if they wanted, monumental as it would be. All the numbers exist, you need to know where to look

Another strange tidbit: when I puled the original AM/FM radio during teardown, it had "20th Century Fox" handwritten across the top of the case in black marker. I wish I would have taken a picture because when I got the radio back from being converted with modern circuitry, they has painted the case. I always wondered what that meant.

Back