Iris? 300F possible factory installed color?

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I pulled this video from a post. It was mentioned that the 1960 300 was only available in 4 colors but it may have been a factory option color similar to the New Yorker Iris.

If it was a true original factory installed color would it be documented any where on the car like the fender tag?

I have a 61 300 G with 999 paint code
A greenish/blue I have not often seen.
I also have 61 Belvedere in this SS1 lavender metallic
In this video there is a close up on fender tag.
Can’t see if it’s 999 or SS1 paint code?

64337934-2AA8-45DC-A5E3-0FD2717BE527.jpeg

7126BCF9-670E-4215-81BF-D3D39A94D781.jpeg

6DD2DA9B-4B8C-4FFD-9954-45874CE989D6.jpeg

There were quite a few 999 special order paint Letter Cars made. Anything other than the four standard colors got a 999 code, even if it was a "stock" color.

to my eyes the colour on the 300 looks brighter than stock Lilac, easy enough to tart the shade up

Talk about breathtaking! '60 - '62's are my absolute favorite (but don't let my '68 hear that :p) I'm working on a scale model '62 and was contemplating a similar color but this only now confirmed my choice!

The car has Swedish plates, and the video seems to have been filmed there, too , judging from the scenery in the background. Top notch restoration. (The only thing I don’t like is the chosen music. The original owner must have been a mature person, who listened to more serene sounds.)

It looks like it was probably WW-1 which was one of the 4 available stock colors for 1960 Alaska White. Definitely not 999, probably sanded down, since all the other letters are pretty visible. I have no issue with his own special color, especially since it does appear to be a 1960 Chrysler color.

Screenshot_20220918_140847_Chrome.jpg

I pulled this video from a post. It was mentioned that the 1960 300 was only available in 4 colors but it may have been a factory option color similar to the New Yorker Iris.

If it was a true original factory installed color would it be documented any where on the car like the fender tag?

Yed

The proper color will be on the fender tag.The color of the car is absolutely terrible.If you want to devalue your car paint it the color its not supposed to be. Smart like dump truck

WW1 is a very boring color for a 300 car. If you paint it differently, it may effect judging, but will only have a positive effect on it's resale value as long as the color is tasteful. I have proof of what I say.

WW1 is a very boring color for a 300 car. If you paint it differently, it may effect judging, but will only have a positive effect on it's resale value as long as the color is tasteful. I have proof of what I say.
I agree completely, I won't even look at a white car.

Back