Is this the same gal, some 45+ years later? I'll find out!

Trace 300 Hurst

Professional Tinkerer
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was going through Welder guy's wonderful Classic Pics thread and came across these promo photos. @Welder guy

1662133379634.png

1662133596967.png

In 2008 I briefly dated this (very successful) woman who I'll name "A", and we're still friends and see each other often, getting together for dinner with my girlfriend and her boyfriend. "A" is probably 68-70 now, dunno for sure. If the promo is a 1970 pic, and it really is "A" that would put her about 20, which makes sense. Enough resemblance? You can bet I'll be asking her if she did car promos a long time ago next time I talk with her.

Again, these are 2008 photos. Now, in 2022 she's still quite pretty.
1662133976422.jpeg

1662134045787.jpeg

Uncanny resemblance, and very attractive regardless. Would be cool to find out that she is in fact the model from 1969. :thumbsup:

Uncanny resemblance, and very attractive regardless. Would be cool to find out that she is in fact the model from 1969. :thumbsup:
Earlier today I sent the driver's seat pic to my GF (who knows "A" very well) and she immediately wrote back "Is that really her?" I said "Dunno, but we'll find out!"

Then I sent the groovy outside-the-car pic and she said "I would believe it's her. She dresses flashy like that now!"

Just off the phone with "A". I emailed her those GTX pics and honestly, she had to think about it for a bit. "It looks like me, but I don't remember the go-go boots. When was that taken?" I said sometime 69-70 probably. She said "No....I did some modeling in Detroit for cars, and something for Barrett-Jackson, but that was about 1990 or so." And that's why she had to think about it for a second if it was indeed her, because she DID model with cars and maybe climbed into an old car at some point. I didn't know that about her. Kinda cool!

She agrees the resemblance is downright uncanny in both GTX pics, and people don't usually think that when other people find a "look a like" photo. She just sent me this "head shot" from her modeling portfolio from the 90s and she's a true strawberry blonde.

1662146255547.jpeg

So, mystery solved. Sorta. But I'm hoping that the next time we get together for dinner out she's wearing those go-go boots! :thumbsup:

the resemblance is amazing it looks like her.

Last edited:
Back