ISO: 1976 Newport 5.9 replacement fuel pump

DSSA

Reaction score
I've spent the last hour scouring everywhere I can think of, and can't find a replacement mechanical pump for this car.

I see 1977+ for 5.9 cars

I see 1976 for the big block engine cars

I see 1976 5.9 for Ramchargers, etc., but no listing for Newports

I see $200 upgraded high flow pumps

But nothing for this particular car.

Am I missing something, or do one of the above units cross over to the 1976 Newport 5.9 and they just don't list it in the compatible models?

I'm actually kinda shocked as I thought the 5.9 engine cars were the most common units, but they list pumps for everything BUT the 1976 5.9s...

Any help is appreciated!

Josh

Very strange. A 360 is a 360. Pretty much any LA small block pump will bolt up. The only thing that might be different is the size and location of the inlet and discharge ports.

Carter #60577, still available from Carter and for sale on E-Bay, about $30. Search the part number for better results.

Dave

In some cases, RockAuto's catalogs have some gaps in them. Rather than specifically looking for a Chrysler Newport, perhaps a similar C-body Dodge or Plymouth with the same engine might yield better search results, by observation. Drivetrain and suspension are two areas of same parts as on the Chryslers.

CBODY67

Back