Jack it up?

Good point ,hadn't thought of that possibility
Gee, maybe he did. I had a pair of air shocks that blew out when I had my old leaf springs, but before they did I could pump it up to a nice stance without it riding any different. That would explain how I just haven't gotten the stance I want having overhauled the rear suspension.

Just lower the front :)

Fury_02_2.jpg

This is my Polara with a bit of an extra arch to the springs that I had redone.
Stock rear shackles...
I was told that since they are re-arched that they would sag again in a few years but they haven’t in the past 5+years of running them

I'm seriously considering adding a 1” lowering block to bring it back closer to the stock stance...

47C89D1D-DDFE-415D-B39C-9C63984908A1.jpeg

87B7C6CE-B76D-4DF5-BFD2-8EE9C1AEBD25.jpeg

Last edited:
New Eaton rear springs raised the front of my 70 Fury as well. Are you sure the front is still stock height?

When I got new rear springs (had too, one side broke) I felt like I was driving the thunderbolt Plymouth
It felt like the front was too low now
& needs a boost. I’m afraid to mess with
The torsions. Does anyone out there want
ease my mind about it?

When I got new rear springs (had too, one side broke) I felt like I was driving the thunderbolt Plymouth
It felt like the front was too low now
& needs a boost. I’m afraid to mess with
The torsions. Does anyone out there want
ease my mind about it?

All I can say from reading experience is that if you raise it substantially, then be sure to loosen the lower control arms before making the changes then have it re-aligned as this will alter the camber of the front end...

Small adjustments in height shouldn't be a problem for the lower control arms.

Before doing this, also raise the car as instructed in the FSM so you don't stress the height adjusting screws any more than required.

Some members have had the misfortune of stripping the threads so be sure to free & lubricate them up too.

New Eaton rear springs raised the front of my 70 Fury as well. Are you sure the front is still stock height?
It must be slightly higher than stock. Unfortunately, as I suspected, the header guy cranked it up to make room for them and you can even see little scratches on the tubes where the steering hits at the extremes. Looks like I'm stuck with it.

It must be slightly higher than stock. Unfortunately, as I suspected, the header guy cranked it up to make room for them and you can even see little scratches on the tubes where the steering hits at the extremes. Looks like I'm stuck with it.
Not the end of the world

Back