K members on 72 fury

Rexhazard34!

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get the k memebers to a 72 fury3 ? Or even if there around to replace? Mine are about rotted away at the ends. I’m not finding anything or any info on it. Anything would help! Thanks!

Does anyone know where I can get the k memebers to a 72 fury3 ? Or even if there around to replace? Mine are about rotted away at the ends. I’m not finding anything or any info on it. Anything would help! Thanks!
Technically, 1972 Fury III does not have a K-member. It has a removable u-shape stub frame with motor mounts on top.
1645668314119.png

Because you say K-members, not sure what you mean. A, B, and E body have a K-frame, but c-body does not.
This is stub frame from disassemble of my 1970 parts car.
1645668459139.png

Best of luck! Ben

Technically, 1972 Fury III does not have a K-member. It has a removable u-shape stub frame with motor mounts on top.
View attachment 516960
Because you say K-members, not sure what you mean. A, B, and E body have a K-frame, but c-body does not.
This is stub frame from disassemble of my 1970 parts car.
View attachment 516961
Best of luck! Ben
So it’s all just one piece that I would have to replace?

The front subframe, big piece and a big job. The parking brake cable runs through it, the suspension mounts to it, the front end sheet metal and core support mounts to It. The engine and trans mount to it.

73D206FA-CEE6-4020-91A7-9F95A1C65043.png

Yes, as previously mentioned it is one piece.
The pics below will give you a better idea of what you're going to be dealing with.
20191102_191254.jpg
Stub rebuild 6.jpg
Stub rebuild 4.jpg

stub con4.jpg

I'm going to go get the car next week. It's been gone for a year, and I have plenty to do to it when it's back at my shop.

So it’s all just one piece that I would have to replace?
Yes. I own a 1972 Fury III. I can assure you, it's all one piece.
Posting pics of the rust damage to your stub frame would help us. Sometimes a good welding shop can repair a stub frame.

Back