Kelsey-Hayes brake booster.

Omni

Reaction score
Good Day All
Starting to gather parts for this winters project: Upgrading the single pot master on the '65 Newport to a dual pot.
So far I have the distribution block ('68 Monaco wagon) cylinder to block lines from previous projects, and a new master cylinder that I will pick at Carlisle from Craig (Mobileparts).
While this is apart I thought I would send the booster out for a overhaul after 58 years. Looked at 'Booster Dewey' (Steve) web site but the Kelsey-Hayes booster is not listed. I sent them an e-mail anyway to confirm. In the event that this is not one they deal with, any thoughts on other reputable re builders or should I be looking for a different make of booster that is re-buildable? (Midland Ross / Bendix or ?)
Thanks for your responses.
Omni

Good Afternoon
Received a reply from 'Booster Dewey (actually Mike) who stated that the K&H booster was not original to the car ('65 Newport) and that it was not re-buildable.
I thanked him for his reply but I informed him that K&H was mentioned in both the Parts and Service manuals.
I then called Murray Park who affirmed that K&H was original but they are non rebuildable due to lack of parts.He has Midland boosters that are, and will bring me one to Carlisle.
I am questioning whether I should have 'Booster Dewey' rebuild the Midland if they do not know what is original.
Omni

I would have him rebuild it, as the KH was much rarer, and the MR is commonplace, so parts are easy to find.

They have a good rep, regardless if they have a brainfart on ocassion.

Back