WANTED Looking for an imperial

Rosetti

Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm in western Canada, but I'm willing to go down into the states to find and Imperial between the years of 1969 to 1973 (with the hideaway headlights). I would prefer a four-door hardtop, but I am open for looking at two doors as well. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but I just can't seem to find this vehicle anywhere in Canada.

As long as it's not a total rust bucket, I'd rather a project car.

Thank you in advance!

I'm in western Canada, but I'm willing to go down into the states to find and Imperial between the years of 1969 to 1973 (with the hideaway headlights). I would prefer a four-door hardtop, but I am open for looking at two doors as well. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but I just can't seem to find this vehicle anywhere in Canada.

As long as it's not a total rust bucket, I'd rather a project car.

Thank you in advance!
Hi there, welcome to cbodies. There is a 71 4 door hardtop available on eBay right now.

1971 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron | eBay

Here is a pic.

4E14C65E-4FAF-4EF5-BD63-CF00A71B6C3F.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s an old video from the previous owner when they had it. Don’t know for certain but the bread crumbs i followed online led me to this video, if you look at the pics on the eBay listing and compare to the video it’s the same car. Good luck!

Here’s an old video from the previous owner when they had it. Don’t know for certain but the bread crumbs i followed online led me to this video, if you look at the pics on the eBay listing and compare to the video it’s the same car. Good luck!

Thank you so much for pointing me in this direction. I was wondering... in Canada, there is a car called the "Pontiac Parisienne". It's a Pontiac Bonneville, but that's what the ones that were made here were called. Do you think there is an equivalent to the Imperial LeBaron made outside of the US? And maybe that's why I can't find any here? Or is it just a more rare car?

its just numbers, Canada has roughly 10% of the population on the US.
so we would have a far lower number of cars sold here.
and far lower surviving.
all imperials ( except for the 81 to 83s which were built in canada) were built in the states

the parisiennes were equivalent to the chev impala, not the bonneville.

where in canada are you ?

its just numbers, Canada has roughly 10% of the population on the US.
so we would have a far lower number of cars sold here.
and far lower surviving.
all imperials ( except for the 81 to 83s which were built in canada) were built in the states

the parisiennes were equivalent to the chev impala, not the bonneville.

where in canada are you ?
Makes sense. But Pontiac Parisienne (at least 64-66) was the Bonneville of Canada & Australia. I know this because the old man had one of each (and it breaks his heart that his son is a Mopar guy!).

I'm in Alberta, and I've never EVER seen a 69-73 Imperial LeBaron here - coupe OR hardtop. Also, I've checked Facebook Marketplace for most of California, Texas, and Atlanta for these cars, and I've only seen one for sale in the about a month ago in Northern California. I didn't think to check on eBay, but I found 2 on there - one that was sent to me by member @BAD69FURY, and another one also on eBay.

I'd rather get one from Canada so I didn't have to deal with international shipping, flying down there just to take a look at one, and so on. But if I have to, I'd like to have a couple of them in the same area so that I have some options, but it looks like I'm gonna have to fly out to see one at a time if & when I ever find one.

It’s like fishing, just throw a line out and wait for a bite. You’ve come to the right place. They pop up on occasion. You could also search the Canadian Craigslist, I believe it’s call kijiji?

Thank you so much for pointing me in this direction. I was wondering... in Canada, there is a car called the "Pontiac Parisienne". It's a Pontiac Bonneville, but that's what the ones that were made here were called. Do you think there is an equivalent to the Imperial LeBaron made outside of the US? And maybe that's why I can't find any here? Or is it just a more rare car?
Your welcome, I’m not familiar with what the Canadian equivalent would be sorry. I’m sure others here will chime in on this.

It’s like fishing, just throw a line out and wait for a bite. You’ve come to the right place. They pop up on occasion. You could also search the Canadian Craigslist, I believe it’s call kijiji?
Trust me, my friend. I've tried EVERYTHING. I also have a '67 Fury III hardtop that I'm restoring. When looking for those, they're like a dime a dozen. But regarding the Imperial, this one has always eluded me. I'm going to reach out to one of the ebay guys to see about arranging a visit if possible. The issue with eBay, you either buy it, or you don't. I don't think I would have time to arrange a trip, catch a flight, check out the car, and then, IF I end up buying it, I'd have to arrange shipping and what not. If someone is just selling one on Facebook, Craigslist, or whatever, then I would have a lot more time to arrange everything. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Trust me, my friend. I've tried EVERYTHING. I also have a '67 Fury III hardtop that I'm restoring. When looking for those, they're like a dime a dozen. But regarding the Imperial, this one has always eluded me. I'm going to reach out to one of the ebay guys to see about arranging a visit if possible. The issue with eBay, you either buy it, or you don't. I don't think I would have time to arrange a trip, catch a flight, check out the car, and then, IF I end up buying it, I'd have to arrange shipping and what not. If someone is just selling one on Facebook, Craigslist, or whatever, then I would have a lot more time to arrange everything. I guess we'll see how it goes.

This one could be had but it's a good bit better than a project.

A 44k mile Time Capsule/Survivor that needs a trip to the Detail Shop and the nylon Safety 99 Motomaster bias ply tires swapped for some new radials.
Original L84 size spare still in the trunk.

Kevin

20230920_171613.jpg

20230920_164413.jpg

20230920_164332.jpg

Makes sense. But Pontiac Parisienne (at least 64-66) was the Bonneville of Canada & Australia. I know this because the old man had one of each (and it breaks his heart that his son is a Mopar guy!).

the 60s Canadian Pontiacs were built on Chevrolet chassis and had Chev engines.
to save money GM Canada built Chevs & Pontiacs on the same assembly line.
GM Canada also built the right hand drive export cars.
the wheelbase of the Chev chassis was shorter than the American Pontiac chassis.
the difference in length shows this.
the Parisienne was not the equal to the American Bonneville, it was equivalent to the Chev Impala.
in 66 GM Canada brought out the Grande Parisienne, ( sometimes referred to as the GP),
this was higher spec than the Parisienne and was closer but still not equal to a Bonneville in trim level. and still shorter than the US made Pontiacs.
you could get a Grand Prix in Canada (which was built in the states for canadian sales).
one of the reasons i know this is that my 1st car was a 65 Parisienne Custom Sport convertible 283 powerglide, and a 65 Parisienne Custom Sport coupe with a 327 powerglide, had also had a couple of 69 Beaumonts ( Chevelle equivalent).

this sums it up pretty well

Pontiac Parisienne - Wikipedia

Last edited:
the 60s Canadian Pontiacs were built on Chevrolet chassis and had Chev engines.
to save money GM Canada built Chevs & Pontiacs on the same assembly line.
GM Canada also built the right hand drive export cars.
the wheelbase of the Chev chassis was shorter than the American Pontiac chassis.
the difference in length shows this.
the Parisienne was not the equal to the American Bonneville, it was equivalent to the Chev Impala.
in 66 GM Canada brought out the Grande Parisienne, ( sometimes referred to as the GP),
this was higher spec than the Parisienne and was closer but still not equal to a Bonneville in trim level. and still shorter than the US made Pontiacs.
you could get a Grand Prix in Canada (which was built in the states for canadian sales).
one of the reasons i know this is that my 1st car was a 65 Parisienne Custom Sport convertible 283 powerglide, and a 65 Parisienne Custom Sport coupe with a 327 powerglide, had also had a couple of 69 Beaumonts ( Chevelle equivalent).

this sums it up pretty well

Pontiac Parisienne - Wikipedia
66 Bonneville:

52018436114_dd21fc75e8_b.jpg

66 Parisienne:

35189_2977559l-626.jpg

Maybe under the hood, they are more similar to Impalas, but on the outside, it's a Bonneville.

Back