Lubrication for plunger in solenoid?

sprice

Reaction score
Should one use any lubrication on the plunger or inside the soleniod cavity that is situated in the power seat solenoids on a 68' Chrysler 300. Thanks.

Should one use any lubrication on the plunger or inside the soleniod cavity that is situated in the power seat solenoids on a 68' Chrysler 300. Thanks.
Not recommended, Lubrication picks up dust etc and makes the unit stick. If it is sticking now, disassemble the solenoid and clean the plunger with some Brake-Kleen and put it back together.

Dave

As an aside . . . Amsoil makes a WD-40 style lube which does not attract dust, which makes it good for locks and such. It was recommended to me by a used-to-be skeptical person in Lubbock, TX (where the sand blows several weekends of the spring and other times). He used it on the lock on his business's front door with good results. Kind of smells like bug spray, but works.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

I used emery on the plunger to get it as smooth as I could and then some dry graphite Lube on the plunger. I did NOT spray into the solenoid not knowing how much build up I would get in the bottom.

Use Ezok's gun oil. I don't think I spelled it correctly. Perfect for stuff like this.

Thanks everyone. I didn't end up using anything except a good cleaning. Have a new problem re bench testing. Will start a new post.

Back