May 15-19, 2024 Chrysler 300 Club meet in northern Indiana

fury fan

Reaction score
Chrysler 300 Club International

From the link above:
Spring 2024
: Kokomo, Indiana. May 15 thru 19, 2024.

Hosted by Ralph Rhees and Jim Rockey, our hotel will be the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kokomo South, 5101 Cartwright Drive, Kokomo, IN 46902.

Our list of activities include a visit to three museums in Auburn, Indiana, a trip to Grissom Air Museum, and a few surprises as well. Check back for more details as plans are finalized.

@david hill
@ayilar
I don't know if we could/should coincide this with the northern-IN museum crawl we had discussed.
Would be interesting for the 300 Club if we arrived at one of the museums at the same time as them.
But would they welcome us as brothers, or consider us as intruders on their event (even though it's a public place)?

Excellent idea. Getting details together would be the next step. Of course this is a public venue, definitely an opportunity to meet other Chrysler owners. Your observation on acceptance is. noted and should be explored.

I plan to attend this 300 meet and would love to see some c-bodies! Yes, there might be some in the group that don't care about anything that's not a letter car (or even a specific range of years of letter cars), but there will be plenty of people like myself that would love to see them!

I plan to attend this 300 meet and would love to see some c-bodies! Yes, there might be some in the group that don't care about anything that's not a letter car (or even a specific range of years of letter cars), but there will be plenty of people like myself that would love to see them!
Since you plan on attending what car will you bring. It is about an hours drive for me and what days will you be there.

I don't have any firm plans yet other than to attend, but likely I'll be there for the entire duration, Wednesday evening through Saturday's banquet, with my girlfriend's family. My uncle is a member of the club and will likely have a '61 300G there, a local friend that I sold a '61 300G to is planning to attend with the car, and my girlfriend's family hopes to have a couple cars (likely '60 300F and '64 300K). I'll probably be riding in the F or K unless they end up having a third car available to bring, which would probably be a 300 of the '65-'68 vintage.

I would sure love to take my 300L to that show. Kokomo is a scant 45 min drive from me.

I've had the L since 2006, bought it on ebay and drove it 400 miles / 6 hours home, from upper Michigan to Indy.
But I haven't driven it more than 400 miles in the last 10 years, and some things are needing attention before it shares the roads with other cars.

7 months until the show, and I'm already running out of time...:BangHead:

I would sure love to take my 300L to that show. Kokomo is a scant 45 min drive from me.

I've had the L since 2006, bought it on ebay and drove it 400 miles / 6 hours home, from upper Michigan to Indy.
But I haven't driven it more than 400 miles in the last 10 years, and some things are needing attention before it shares the roads with other cars.

7 months until the show, and I'm already running out of time...:BangHead:
I'd love to see your L! Hopefully 7 months is enough time to get it ready, or else perhaps your insurance covers towing for that distance just in case. I doubt there'll be a 300 meet closer to you than this!

I doubt my insurance would cover towing that far, it's probably 30 miles or so maximum.

I spent about an hour going over the car visually and mentally the other day and it's a pretty long list.

I'll need to categorize that by what is safety, what is reliability, what is convenience (like 2 operational windows or all 4).

My biggest question is the brakes. Much of the hydraulics is pretty old, as are the 14" tires, so I'm contemplating whether I can successfully swap to discs and get new 15" tires on it, or whether to fix what's there (and hope it doesn't hit a dead-end).

Sounds like a good time and close for me as well being just south of Indy. While I don't have a 300 I will drive the 77 town and country up just to hang out and check out some sweet 300s. I love visiting the auburn museum and seeing all the ACDs. Such beautiful cars with amazing engineering. My father worked for Glenn Pray as a purchasing manager in the 60's when they were manufacturing the Cord replicas out of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, so I'm always down to check out some ACDs!

I've been thinking of going to this. The stars have to align first, but it's on the calendar.

By the way, for anyone with a 300, letter car or not, the 300 Club is a great national club to join. CHRYSLER 300 CLUB INTERNATIONAL, INC.

I went to their meet in Hershey and it was a great time with some very nice people. I've been to meets put on by other clubs and this one was probably one of the most organized.

@Ripinator , Are you going?

I've been thinking of going to this. The stars have to align first, but it's on the calendar.

By the way, for anyone with a 300, letter car or not, the 300 Club is a great national club to join. CHRYSLER 300 CLUB INTERNATIONAL, INC.

I went to their meet in Hershey and it was a great time with some very nice people. I've been to meets put on by other clubs and this one was probably one of the most organized.

@Ripinator , Are you going?

John: The Kokomo meet is on my calendar too. Not sure which car I'll bring. . .

Not sure which car I'll bring
Yea, me too. The logical car is the 300L, but I haven't put enough miles on it yet to do a 650 mile trip with confidence.

What I'd like to do is swing through Canada and down to Detroit and go through the Ford Museum. That's been on the bucket list for many years... I went when I was a kid, a few months before the Rotunda burnt down in 1962. I've been wanting to go back ever since.

Sounds like a good time and close for me as well being just south of Indy. While I don't have a 300 I will drive the 77 town and country up just to hang out and check out some sweet 300s. I love visiting the auburn museum and seeing all the ACDs. Such beautiful cars with amazing engineering. My father worked for Glenn Pray as a purchasing manager in the 60's when they were manufacturing the Cord replicas out of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, so I'm always down to check out some ACDs!
@david hill
John FatFab is the guy we were discussing the other day? I had his location wrong.

For those wanting to attend, I live about 45 min straight south from Kokomo.
If it helps, long-distance folks could collect at my place and caravan there.

Back