SOLD Mopar 1967-68 Dodge Polara, Monaco, Horn Button Ornament 2823668 NOS Condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

larry4261

Reaction score
Contact seller
For sale is a Dodge Horn button for what I believe is for a 67-68 Dodge Polara/Monaco. The piece is in EXCELLENT CONDITION and I think may be NOS. This piece would be well represented on any concourse/high end restoration. The part number is 2823668 so please verify fitment for your application.
Asking price is $80 which includes shipping to US address.
Thanks for looking.

Mopar Horn BUtton 3.JPG

DSCN1567[1].JPG

DSCN1569[1].JPG

Last edited:
This is the sort of part that I might buy "just because". Just because it might be a little better than what I have. The price though is a total deal breaker for me, as is the projected shipping cost to North Korea (ie - Canada). The blurry photo's totally prevent any sort of appraisal of the part's condition.

I would think that of all the parts on a car, especially interior parts that might degrade the least from time / neglect / exposure, this would be high on the list.

This is the sort of part that I might buy "just because". Just because it might be a little better than what I have. The price though is a total deal breaker for me, as is the projected shipping cost to North Korea (ie - Canada). The blurry photo's totally prevent any sort of appraisal of the part's condition.

I would think that of all the parts on a car, especially interior parts that might degrade the least from time / neglect / exposure, this would be high on the list.
I just starting selling parts on this site a few days ago. I can guarantee that the piece is in EXCELLENT CONDITION. I'll try to snap some clearer pictures this morning and replace the blurry ones in the listing. I'm not clear on your statement of shipping costs to North Korea (ie-Canada)??? What does that statement mean?
I thought my asking price which including shipping was a very fair asking price I've seen many of these horn buttons on ebay selling for higher prices than what I'm asking and the condition of their piece is not even close to the condition of my horn button. I've actually added a link below from ebay with someone who is trying to sell one for $140 and I think mine is in a same or even better condition. I will again try to get some better pictures out this morning.
Mopar 1967? Dodge Horn Cap | eBay

I'm not clear on your statement of shipping costs to North Korea (ie-Canada)??? What does that statement mean?

It's not your fault. The various free-trade agreements between Canada and the US were supposed to facilitate trade and remove various cost barriers to this trade, but the reality is that shipping items from the US to Canada still retains high built-in administrative costs, and from this perspective we as Canadians are as impoverished as North Koreans are at obtaining items from the USA. The exact same analogy applies to the ease (or lack thereof) with which we can personally cross the boarder into the US (something we apparently don't share with those that cross in via your southern boarder).

With all due respect, the photos I am looking at are perfectly clear. I agree with Mopar Man that the purchasing of parts in the US and having them shipped to Canada is akin to sending stuff to Korea (South maybe, not North Korea!) I just bought a couple of small parts ($70) for my power window system from a FBBO member. We are talking used parts, about 2 inches x 3 inches, weighing about 2 ounces. US dollars to Canadian Dollars, add 35 % to the price. US shipping from PA to British Columbia, add $20 US or $27.00 Canadian. Picked them up at the Post Office today and they will not release these parts until I pay $22.30 duty. Free trade my ***!

It's not your fault. The various free-trade agreements between Canada and the US were supposed to facilitate trade and remove various cost barriers to this trade, but the reality is that shipping items from the US to Canada still retains high built-in administrative costs, and from this perspective we as Canadians are as impoverished as North Koreans are at obtaining items from the USA. The exact same analogy applies to the ease (or lack thereof) with which we can personally cross the boarder into the US (something we apparently don't share with those that cross in via your southern boarder).

The photos were swapped out.

Alan
Yes, I took additional photos this morning and added those new photos to the listing.

Thanks for thinking of me. Mine is in excellent condition though and don’t anticipate needing another (yet). Used on all ‘67 Polara/Monaco and on ‘68 through December ‘67 production. New laws kicking in on January 1, 1968 required the padded horn cover along with a few other “safety” items so you will find both types for’68 model year. This style is my favorite.

Thanks for thinking of me. Mine is in excellent condition though and don’t anticipate needing another (yet). Used on all ‘67 Polara/Monaco and on ‘68 through December ‘67 production. New laws kicking in on January 1, 1968 required the padded horn cover along with a few other “safety” items so you will find both types for’68 model year. This style is my favorite.
Thanks for clarifying the appropriate application. Hopefully this will help a potential buyer who may need clarification.

I believe the correct part # is 2925467

2823668 is the casting # on the back
Thanks for the information. I can't seem to locate the number you provided in any of my books. Can you please advise where you located that specific part number?
Thanks in advance for any response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back