For Sale N.O.S. 1967 Rear Window Defogger Kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terraplane34

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
N.O.S. 1967 Rear window defogger kit.
Part #2607753 in original mopar box.
This kit is complete w/instructions.
Fit,Plymouth ,1-2-3, Dodge ,1-2-3,
Chrysler,1-2-3.
W/Flow Thru Ventilation.
$375.usd. +. Shipping

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Very interesting. So the vent was mounted to the package tray, but did it blow air up to the window, or did it pull air and exhaust it to the flow-through venting? I wonder how effective it was. And I'm wondering where on the dash that switch was mounted.

Heh. I remember adding one of those after-market electric wire defroster kits to the rear window of my '65 Polara.

It blows up the window. How do I know if I have the flow through ventilation in my Fury?

It blows up the window. How do I know if I have the flow through ventilation in my Fury?

I wonder why the requirement for flow-through ventiliation? I know the Monaco's and Polara's had this (only in '67 I think), I presume that Newports, New Yoriker, maybe the VIP and maybe the 300 also had it? Was this pulling air from the trunk and blowing it at the window? I can't imagine that being very effective. And would the dash plastic trim need to be cut to install the switch? I don't see a place for this switch.

Very interesting. So the vent was mounted to the package tray, but did it blow air up to the window, or did it pull air and exhaust it to the flow-through venting? I wonder how effective it was. And I'm wondering where on the dash that switch was mounted.

Heh. I remember adding one of those after-market electric wire defroster kits to the rear window of my '65 Polara.
Am sending you some photos, I h it will help you.
the instructions for installing the rear window defogger,
and a photo of the flow thru ventilation system for P,D,C.
Hope this will help.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I wonder why the requirement for flow-through ventiliation? I know the Monaco's and Polara's had this (only in '67 I think), I presume that Newports, New Yoriker, maybe the VIP and maybe the 300 also had it? Was this pulling air from the trunk and blowing it at the window? I can't imagine that being very effective. And would the dash plastic trim need to be cut to install the switch? I don't see a place for this switch.
There should be a blank piece that same size that you remove and swap out.

From the instructions:

-------
Dodge: Remove 4 screws and remove bezel containing switch openings at left of instrument cluster. Install switch. Install as required new bezel pn 2820483 with a/c or new bezel pn 2820481 without a/c
-------

So the switch mounts on the smaller cluster panel on the left side, and the required bezel doesn't seem to be included?

It seems that the fan is mounted to the underside of the shelf, pulls interior cabin air and blows it right back up at the window. If so, I don't see why this couldn't be installed on any car, regardless if it has flow-through ventilation or not.

I remember that aftermarket fans, even fans with heaters that would sit on the shelf and blow air at the rear window were somewhat common. JC Whitney anyone?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back