New member Ttotired 1960 plymouth 4drht

Ttotired

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Some might know me from the forward look forum, but I havnt been that active there for a while.

About me, I live in Perth Western Australia and I am rebuilding (I wont call it restoring) a 60 plymouth fury 4drht. I have kind of been at it for about 11 years on and off.
I bought it using my heart and not my head as it really was a basket case (still is really) but I have almost completed all the rust repair and I am in the middle of a steering conversion
from LHD to RHD. When I bought the car, it had already been partially converted, but I was advised by an engineer that it would not pass engineering certification, so I changed it back to LHD only to
discover I was missing some parts to finish it off. So I decided to make it RHD as I have all of what I need to do it as per Australian factory RHD.

There is still a massive amount of stuff to do, but I now have a deadline to work to, so hopefully, I will get to drive it around mid 2024 or earlier
Heres a few pictures, the beige pictures are how it was when I bought it

camera 1-9-201025816+2123 014.jpg

Pic_0619_017.jpg

steering6.jpg

Steering10.jpg

30082018.JPG

Nothing really interesting to photograph, but I was working on the car yesterday and noticed the drag link didnt look strait compared to the front crossmember. As I said above, this car was converted to RHD before I bought it. I used the holes in the chassis that the previous owner had welded crush tubes into and was continuing with the firewall when I noticed how the drag link looked wrong. I looked again at the rail and there is a second set ot holes about an inch forward of the ones I was using. They are the correct ones. I have welded in crush tubes and re mounted the steering box. All looks better now. Got to watch for these things. I wonder how bad it would have steered if I missed it?

Back